The best brand names on scuba diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro regulators

I agree with the posters above. Whatever you decide to get, buy it from a reputable dealer and be sure that you can get it serviced conveniently.

... The masks are good....
I can agree with that. I own 4 masks, 2 are Tilos masks and they are the ones I use.
icon14.gif

Atomic Aquatics, Dive Rite, Oxycheq, Halcyon, OMS, Hollis, Zeagle, ScubaPro, and Spare Air (just joking :rofl3: )

Thank you all for your answers.. I have saved them all
I’m looking for snorkel gear and I need to buy the rest of the diving equipments as well. Since I have no idea which manufacturers are better or more reputable than the others, it is good to know from the experts diving in order to get safety and save money as well.
Thank you all.. and I hope that most of beginners like me benefit from these answers ..

Any modern scuba equipment works just fine. Find the best price deal you can and go for it...

Never heard of Tilos.

Brands I know and like:

BCDS
Halcyon
DSS
Oxycheq
Zeagle
A.P. Valves/Buddy

Regulators
Scubapro
Apeks
Atomics

Fins
Force Fin
Scubapro (Jets)
OMS (Slipstreams)
Mares (Avanti Quattro)

Masks
Cressi
Mares

Wetsuits
Scubapro Everflex
O'Three
4th Element

Accessories
Halcyon
OMS
Dive Rite

Dive Computer
Suunto

Ursuit drysuits: Ursuk | Ursuk
Suunto computers
Suunto dive compass
Heser (backup)lights
Poseidon regulators

Last edited:
I see this is an old thread and the OP has probably either gotten what he/she wanted or quit diving, but I will answer it anyway...

I use and recommend:

Scubapro regulators
HOG regulators
Deep Sea Supply SS Backplate & Wings (Hogarthian)
Dive Rite Nomad sidemount systems
Henderson wetsuits
Hollis F1 paddle fins
Suunto dive compass but ONLY after replacing the horrible wrist mount with the replacement bungie mount by Deep Sea Supply.

I have a DUI Drysuit but at this point in time I cannot recommend them, since both my wife's and my drysuit are at the factory right now due to a recall for defects in the fabric and I am missing dives because of it.

I have a Scubapro computer but do not recommend them, and a Mares computer and I do no recommend them either.

I have a Scubapro poodle jacket that I bought out of open water, and it is fine for what it is, good quality. I keep it because I want to have similar equipment to the others when I become a divemaster and do teaching... I personally don't plan on ever actually diving it again when I am on my own. If you are looking for jacket BC's, you could do worse than Scubapro.

I recommend Sea Pearl weights :) (Sorry, I have just never seen ANYBODY recommend a brand of weights before, so I thought I would be the first).

Back
Top Bottom