u-853 penetration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Need I say next time slow way down, very few go inside her and even fewer do the tour. I move in 3 to 6 foot increments, stop and slowly look around. I have to say that with the new lights I do see a lot more than I did with the old 6 D-cell Ikelite lights.

Need I say next time slow way down.

Agree, I got dizzy watching.

And you might want to reconsider penetrating at all. That's not just cool engines and torpedo tubes. You are in many young men's grave; they were all so young they almost surely have living relatives too. Treat their grave like you would your own brother or sister's. Stampeeding through their grave is distastful.

Well, I hardly think I was "stampedeing" through the wreck.There were other divers coming in behind me so I didn't want to linger and murk it up for them. I agree it is a grave and should be treated with respect, but I have no problem going in for a look. I could actually see a lot better than the video depicts. It is just a cheap little camera that my friend had and let me use. It was mounted on my helmet and was angled down a little to much so it gives the impression that I was looking at the floor most of the time. Not the case. To each his own I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom