OW Certification in Puerto Galera - BUDGET but safe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think self promoting by store owners/ employees is not a good thing (and thank god it doesn't happen often). Scubaboard is a place for independent thought and people helping people out... Not trying to stir up business (the adds are for that). But look at guys like BabyD. He owns a business, but is not here for self promotion. He helps out generously. And at the same time, through his sig and helpfull attitude, might stir up a bit of business here and there... I'm sure people have asked him about his dive operation. I know If ever I go in his neck of the woods, he'll be my choice for diving...

Just my 0.02$
Cheers!:coffee:

you got a point there..

but as store owner I would be here :)

Dived with Big Apple on few occasions and did not notice any safety issue.

Stepping into Sabang Bay water make me nervous!!
How many dives had Peter registered in PG now? It was over 6000 several yrs ago.
Usual rate for you fan room is ONLY P500.00(low season).

I think Peter has certified approximately 750 students in the last three years! He has probably taught close to 10000 students now, 20 years active teaching status. He is one of the best, nuff said :)

Big Apple,
I decided not to train with your resort because I don't like people who raise their prices so high that it's not affordable for those of us on a budget. I realize that it's peak season, so you can raise rates and still fill your rooms, and I understand that you're a business whose goal is to make money, but 950 for a fan room is ridiculous. Not all resorts are raising their prices for these dates the way you are - especially not doubling them, and especially not for the cheapest rooms - and it's just making life more painful for those of us who don't have a lot of freedom when it comes to dates or money. It also makes it clear just how much making money is prioritized over the customer's experience at your resort. Your OW course is not the cheapest, but with decent-priced accommodation I might have done it because I'm concerned about quality; however, not for these prices. They're simply unfair.

Sorry you feel that way, we have a quality product that is great value for money with our open water course. Business is business of course and at CNY I could rent out the billiard tables for people to sleep on. Did you ever pay for accommodation in Boracay at CNY? My fan rooms pale in comparison to the prices there at that time. Doesn't matter, we are fully booked for CNY already. Enjoy your vacation in PG. Regards

Big Apple,
I decided not to train with your resort because I don't like people who raise their prices so high that it's not affordable for those of us on a budget. I realize that it's peak season, so you can raise rates and still fill your rooms, and I understand that you're a business whose goal is to make money, but 950 for a fan room is ridiculous. Not all resorts are raising their prices for these dates the way you are - especially not doubling them, and especially not for the cheapest rooms - and it's just making life more painful for those of us who don't have a lot of freedom when it comes to dates or money. It also makes it clear just how much making money is prioritized over the customer's experience at your resort. Your OW course is not the cheapest, but with decent-priced accommodation I might have done it because I'm concerned about quality; however, not for these prices. They're simply unfair.
P950 for a fan room in Sabang during CNY and P14500 for an OW course are reasonable prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom