Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool diving at Playa Kalki, today: giant Yellowfin Tuna (1.5m) on the first dive in the morning, Harlequin Pipefish on the afternoon dive :b)

We do not see them all the time, but they are out there: tiger groupers. Last week this one was lying inside a sponge and had no intention to go anywhere:
4954%2B%2528Medium%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Kukuisa.

I'm glad to see there is still someone adding to this wonderful thread after I left Curacao, thank you very much for posting the tiger grouper pic, I love it! And you are very right, they are rare around Curacao nowadays, I counted only 16 on my dives between April 2008 and December 2010.

Greetings from Germany
Andreas

Anyone know the water temperature currently in Curacao? Need to know how much wet suit to pack. Thanks

The water temp was a chilling 26 this week. That's Celcius, but even in Fahrenheit it was only 79. At least the coral bleeching has stopped and most corals are back to nomal.
Today we met another inhabitant of our reefs:
5097+%2528Medium%2529.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom