Where to in Europe???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(...) so caves and wrecks would be good to go and see.

If you are a Technical Diver, France will be a great choice.
Cave Diving in the Lot and Wrecks on the Mediterranean sea

Just been reading about restrictions on diving in Greece, doesn't sound too fun and may make for busy dive sites in the arrears you can dive.
Cheers

The restrictions you are reffering at, have been gone since 2006. Now you can dive everywhere in Greece, except for the places where antiquities exist. But I think that is a restriction to every country in the world. If you think Meditteranean diving, then Sicily, Greece, Kas-Turkey (Bodrum also), Croatia(Dalmatian Sea) are good diving destinations. I have seen Tunisian diving centers on internet,but there is a problem of riots taking place there,so it wouldn't be a wise decision to visit Tunisia this time of year...

If you are a Technical Diver, France will be a great choice.
Cave Diving in the Lot and Wrecks on the Mediterranean sea

And there is no rule (max depth ...) for scuba diving in France when you dive on your own.

I would recommend:

Croatia, Greece, Malta, Italy, Spain, or the South of France.

I would note, Croatia is pretty inexpensive (11 divse 240 euro), Malta is moderately priced has many Wrecks in moderate depth, So France has many wrecks in Deep water, Spain is a little more expensive than Croatia but not as bad as Greece with some good wrecks and reefs. Italy has its "Christ of the abyss" and some good wreck diving around Elba. I would mention that Italy has a long diving history.

I don't know if you sail but if you hire a boat out of Piombino the trip around Elba is excellent (dive/sail). I like the combination of Italian food, diving, and history of Italy.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions, the prices look good for Croatia and there seam to be a few different dive locations which is good as we like to move around. Any more recommendations welcome and would love to hear about favourite dives in Croatia and other fun stuff to do there.

In Croatia you should check VIs island, and other islands like Brac. On the continent You should visit old cities like Trogir and Dubrovnik. They have also very nice national parks like plitvickie jezera, or Krk park. It is good idea to rent a car and travel over the country. In water You can find mainly rocks (campanella), wrecks (many) and small caves (lucica cave), possible to access for recreational divers.

Last trip I went to Pakostane. We dove some marine reserves which was okay. I.think the best dives were on a sunken freighter about 45 min from the dock. It's pretty complete and lays in about 46m on the sand. It was a stone freighter. This is another wreck
20361-largest_gautsch.jpg
in Croatia, the gautch. Google it for more info. Also a nice dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom