Diving Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just go to Cozumel

Hate to bring up old threads, but if any of yall northshore guys want to schedule a dive, I'm up for any weekend coming from Baton Rouge. I need some trips!

I saw that. Never have done a shore dive and would have to get a 7mm. Plus that's a bit far, but maybe haha

In the fall or whenever the river is low the gulf clears up nicely even in close. We hit the rigs within sight of land and had 60' of viz. But......you need a boat. Lake Pontchartrain can get real nice at any time...just got to be ready to go at a moments notice. Theres not much to see in the lake but its great for killing sheepsheads. Seize the chance to dive the rigs.....they are yanking them out, coral and all, at an alarming rate.

We hit the rigs within sight of land and had 60' of viz.

Wow, I was unaware that kind of vis ever occurred so close to shore in Louisiana. Where is this? How often does it happen?

Wow, I was unaware that kind of vis ever occurred so close to shore in Louisiana. Where is this? How often does it happen?

Even it does get that good, it is still a long drive down there. 2 1/2 hours to Grand Isle or 3 hours to Pensacola. Like Mrfish stated: You need a Boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom