Aeris Manta battery problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Choice Mexico

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a question:

I have a Aeris Manta computer and it shows very frequently that I need to change the batteries. When I do so after a week of diving the same thing happens. I have changed the battery 3 times in 2 month. We have checked the batteries on other computers and the batteries are fine.
One of the operators here in Cozumel says that this is a common problem with this computers.

Does any one have this experience as well?

Is it the new model or the old model. I'm looking at buying the old model because it's going for $250 and looks like it has enough features to last me a while.

Karen, I was in cozumel last week. Same problem, "change battery" warning showed up after every morning dive despite the fact that I just changed battery 2 days before. I just sent in my manta today for service under warranty. Will see how it goes from here.

I have about 18 dives on one ant my wife has about 6 on hers. It may be too early to tell yet but we haven't had any problems with either of ours yet. We dive cold(ish) water 43 Deg.F on average. Good to know of a possible problem though, I'll sure to speak up to Aeris if it starts happening. How many dives have you put on the watch now and how old is it from the original date of purchase?

I've had the old model for about 3 years. 2 battery changes and about 200+ dives. Usually my battery goes kaput when I get it out and play with it between trips and accidentally set an alarm that bleeps while I'm at work for several weeks unknown to me. I always check the battery a week before my next trip. This doesn't sound like your issue, though.

I got a replacement unit from Aeris a few days ago. I haven't had any dives with it yet but I have been wearing it as a regular watch to make sure that the "change battery" problem has been fixed. Today my heart sank when I saw the "change battery" warning came back momentarily.

I've also see this problem on mine a number of times. I changed the battery and now the depth gauge feature is off by and increasing amount as I dive deeper, reads 55ft at 110ft hope its still under warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom