Suunto Dive Manager and Windows 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimtrvl917

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Home Premium version and now I can't get my Sunnto Stinger to upload data to the the Dive Manager program. I keep getting the message that states "Device Not Found". I have the cradle plugged into the COM1 port, and Windows states that the port is working properly. I'm running Dive Manager 3.1. Can anyone help?

Thanks!:depressed:

I had to change to the USB cable on my Vyper when I upgraded to Windows 7. Some software packages try to hook the interrupts and Windows 7 likes to control the hardware not let the app due it.

Okay... This should not be too dificult... I am a computer helpdesk technician for a Capital City. Let me ask, is the stinger connected via a USB interface cable or a serial cable? If a USB cable, then you should not get "device not found". Have you tried different USB ports on the PC (if using a USB cable)?... If so, and you still get the error, then I would delete the driver for this device and let Windows try to find it again. First, however, In Dive manager software, I would try COM3... My Helo2 works on Com3 by default. If still a problem, you need to find the device that is recognized by windows when you plug in the device and select the PC interface protocol on the stinger, regardless of having the manager program open. Go to computer, right click and select manage. In the new window, find device manager and find the entry that represents the stinger, (maybe under ports). It should be something that shows up when you plug in the cable and disapears when you unplug the cable from the PC. Double click that item and uninstall it, unless it is under a com port other than COM1. Replug to let windows try to reinstall it. If for instance, it was found under COM2, then you need only select COM2 in the Dive Manager software... Let me know how it turns out.

My Vyper Air USB connection only works if the end connected to the computer is round the right way, with the big bit facing in to the computer, not sure if this applies to the Stinger as well. (why didnt they make the connection handed!)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm in Japan for the week, so when I get home (US) this weekend, I'll try to sort it out. I was trying to use my serial port, but that didn't work. Then I ordered a serial to USB connection/converter, but they didn't send me a driver that works with Windows 7. I just got an e-mail from the company with a path for a driver that should work with Windows 7. I'll have to try and install that driver this weekend. I'll let you know how it all turns out...

I got home this past weekend and installed the correct drivers. Windows 7 "found" my USB to serial driver, no problem, mapped it to COM3, and my dives downloaded perfectly.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance!

:cool2:

Can you please share the path to the Windows 7 driver they emailed you? I have the same problem with my D4. Shows up in Windows/SDM but I get the message "Device not found" when I try to download the data. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom