Barbados accommodation help please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AudraKay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My family is planning a trip to Barbados or Belize in June and we still cant decide which one to pick. As far as Barbados goes:

1. Are there any accommodations that have a scuba shop attached to them (besides the Hilton) or that you can go shore diving from?
  2. Do you recommend getting a place to stay that includes a kitchen so you are able to save money on breakfast and lunch vs. an all inclusive meal plan or eating out all the time?
  3. Originally I had narrowed it down to staying at the Sough Gap Hotel, but am now concerned that it might be "too close to the action" for us....we like to stay at places that are not too close to the main city. Any other recommendations ($150/night and under)
  4. And finally, which is better for diving? Belize or Barbados?

Check your pm's.

I have similar questions. It looks like I'll be in Barbados in late March - 3-5 in our group, all divers. I'd love to hook up with accommodations that cater to diving since we hope to spend half our time in the water. We don't need to be on a resort property and like the idea of having a kitchen. Any advice on dive operations and accommodations would be appreciated. Thanks!

To AudraKay and Craig T
Hi
Contact Dive Hightide hightide@sunbeach.net visit www.divehightide.com. Located on the West Coast, convenient for the best reef and wreck dives. They have dive/accommodation packages with several different types of accommodation. Hotels, Family run guest houses with kitchen, pool etc, within your price range, close to the beach, away from the hustle and bustle. International Supermarkets nearby for all your needs.Dive Hightide provide free pick-up and drop-back to the properties and will rinse and store your divegear. They also operate motorized and non-motorized watersports and can arrange topside activities when you are not diving.
Happy Diving.

Craig T

I have chosen for our group to stay at a vacation rental by owner (VRBO). You can check out the property here: Prospect vacation villa rental2 Bedroom Beach Front Villa: Beach front villa and apartments 'Sunny Banks'. Also in the running was Sunswept Beach Hotel. We wanted a kitchen, but not any resort accommodation and not close to The Gap - so both of these properties are on the West coast. We will most likely be diving with Reefers & Wreckers (15 minutes from the VRBO) as they are the only dive shop on the island who enter and exit the dive boats from a dock - all other shops make you wade into waist high water to enter and exit the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom