cave course asia/ central america

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you both for the info. Since I am not tech certified I decided i just want to do a cavern course. It's moneywise not possible to do all nor do I want to do a tech and 2 cave courses in one holiday. Since it's just a two day- course I will see if there is anything around the place I end up. Given the required certifications required to start the cave course I am sure i lack basic experience to be ready for that (doing 3 courses in a few weeks isn't ready, it just means I am allowed).

Regarding pattaya; I don't like the type of nightlife (girlbars or regular disco's) and I dont like resorts :D I am sure there a few nice places around but I am sure there are more of these places at other locations. I prefer either a tropic paradise or a small guesthouse with a few bars (backpack holiday :cool2: )

Planning a dive holiday is more work than the study of the course

Have you thought about Sipidan/Mabul?

That ticks your boxes for a remote tropical paradise, with low crowd numbers and great beaches. Plenty of amazing non-cavern dives are available also. Prices are comparable with the Philippines and Thailand.

You can do Cavern training there, in the world-famous 'Turtle Tomb'.

Here's some links:

Sipidan-Mabul Technical Diving They offer either PADI or TDI Cavern course. They also run the TDI 'Intro to Cave' course - that can be taken in conjunction with the TDI Cavern course (no technical diving pre-requisite).

Sipidan Scuba They offer the PADI Cavern course.

I have been to mabul and sipidan 5 years ago. Was absolutely mind boggling. Wonderfull diving. Dove with Scuba Junkies. I am gonna have a look into that as well. Funny they mention the cynotes as well; ever since diving there I considered cave diving as a must-do one day. That turtle tomb sounds cool

Do you know anything about cave diving in the Cebu area? Considering Bali-Cebu-Malapsque- HK as a trip as well.

I have been to thailand a few times and love it but wanna see something new. Did my DM in philipinnes (divedojo with ethei), loved it as well, but prefer visiting another country. Might go back to philipinnes anyway cause its so beautifull.

I want to do an introduction to cave diving. A course for a few days seems fine for me. gotta admit I automatically checked PADI instead of the other courses though. I think I lack basic experience at the moment to go too quick into advanced cave diving

same reason I don't desire a well respected top instructor for now. Would love a place were you can follow a cave course, do some regular dives and have some nightlife as well. Its a budget matter as well

Hope to find some time soon to read deeper into everyhting

thank you so far

I will be in the Philippines this April... is there cave diving in the Philippines?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom