Dive charter recommendations for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why dont they just run a poll at the top where everyone votes for their favorite shop. As well as one that says which is the best all inclusive. that would save these threads from popping up all the time.

There are so many things that will decide which dive shop/hotel is best for each diver. Hard to give an opinion if we have no clue about you and what you like...or how much money you want to spend.

Going to Cozumel in August and was wondering if anyone could recommend a dive charter or all inclusive dive resort to stay at. Also any recommendations on where to dive at would be great too.

My wife and I stayed at Iberostar and we were very happy with it.
I dove with Dressel Divers and I had no complaints.

Dressel groups divers by ability and it worked out fine.

I used Aldora Divers this past year and was extremely inpressed. I will use them again.

Dennis

Not knowing for sure which airports are best from that area to Coz, or when you want to go, I tried AZO,GRR,LAN to Cozumel, QR, Mexico for week sometime in Sat Aug 17 2011 – Sat Aug 30 2011 finding same day travel fares from GRR starting at $476 ea for Wednesday, more other days, up to $100 more weekends - to give you an approach.

Then looking for air & hotel packages that would qualify for the famous Orbitz 200entertain $200 discount, you could get air and a week at Bazar Colonial or Hotel Bahia downtown on or very near front street for $507 each including taxes and breakfast after unchecking the overpriced ground transfer option - cheaper easier to pay there. $31 each for a week at a decent hotel - super huh? Add $35 each for a suite - nice!

If you'd like to pay more for nicer - give us a ballpark and tell us what's important to you, hoping you don't want boring AI? I can get you air & the Presidente for $923 each plus a lot more for food and cabs. :coffee:

There is not "best" Op on Coz. I have my favorites, as do many of us, but that's just cheerleading mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to thank those with input and for the rest of you some things go with out saying. Sounds like Scuba Club Cozumel is the winner.

why dont they just run a poll at the top where everyone votes for their favorite shop. As well as one that says which is the best all inclusive. that would save these threads from popping up all the time.
I agree, and with a mouse click, add to the "ignore thread" list.

For one, there are way too many choices for a V-board poll.
There are so many things that will decide which dive shop/hotel is best for each diver. Hard to give an opinion if we have no clue about you and what you like...or how much money you want to spend.
Yep, I tend to think of best as best buy for buck within parameters that me me happy so I could cheer lead with the rest of the pom-pom squad. Just not appropriate tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom