Anyone else with a Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrist mount here. First I love the device, which I use in both computer and gauge mode. My only complaint is that I've had a problem or two with the computer not turning off no matter how much I rinse, shake and dry it (out of the mount), especially in very humid conditions. Annoying and a bit of a battery burner, but no issue underwater.

Rinse under running fresh (tap) water, and dry thoroughly. The problem is residual salt on the water contacts (the metal dots between the two buttons) creating a conductive path. You have to get all the salt off.

Rinse under running fresh (tap) water, and dry thoroughly. The problem is residual salt on the water contacts (the metal dots between the two buttons) creating a conductive path. You have to get all the salt off.

Toothbrush over the contacts works well, that's what the dive shop told me to do and it works fine.

First dive computer... got it in the 3-gauge console w/ the pressure gauge on the back. I have a few questions about it...

1. I've read about some reliability issues in a previous thread. Any updates?

I think the issues were with the Uwatec Aladin Air series. No problems with the Aladin Pro Ultra, nor with the TEC2G. Our TEC Prime had the infrared go out, and ScubaPro / Uwatec replaced it with the TEC 2G.

I bought a new one from a member here for $315.00 including shipping. The paperwork was with it and it was unregistered with the factory.

Last edited:
The wrist version sells for about $300 on line and for about $400 at an authorized dealer, so $300 is going to be a bit over the upper limit for a used one. $250-$275 is probably fair for a used one in good condition.

As noted above, the battery life issue is related to the closely spaced contacts and it is important to keep them clean if you dive in salt water.

Deep Sea Supply makes a great mount for it.

The dive log / donwload software for it is quite good, and hopefully it came with it when you bought it. If not you can download it here. It can be downloaded with a generic IR Dongle, but if you have the Uwatec IR dongle, drivers for it can be found here.

Uwatec also has a Palm application for it that uploads the computer through the hot sync function. It can be found here

Even when you get to more advanced mix dives that exceed it's 2 gas nitrox only capabilities, it still makes a superb dive timer in gauge mode and the log functions and software are still better than most trimix computers.

Yes it can.

I'd also suggest looking to get a dungie mount rather than the Uwatec one, much more secure (if one bit of bungie goes it's still got the other side) and it can fit drysuit or wetsuit or bare arm easily (I found the strap wasn't quite long enough to use with my drysuit). Deep Sea Supply do one (can't post links).

Re: Wet contacts, I've just turned them off to much faff just remember to turn it on as you descend.

I have an opportunity to pick up one of these for a very good price. Can anyone tell me their experience with it (ie reliability, durability, etc) as well as how the TEC portion has worked out. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom