45lb wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not get a console computer, and I would not dive single tanks with that wing. Just get the wing you need, and buy a used wrist computer, or as aquaregia says, just skip the computer and use tables. I'm sure someone in your area has a PADI wheel you could use; they're considered obsolete (meaning probably free for the taking) but I actually think they're pretty useful.

A good rule of thumb when buying dive gear is to ONLY buy stuff you really want. Otherwise you'll end up spending more replacing it in the long run.

Unless it's very expensive for you to trade/return the OMS wing AND you are certain you will be diving doubles, I'd return it. I'd also avoid purchasing OMS gear in the future. That company has a horrible reputation for customer service, and there are many other good options. Dive rite, oxycheq, DSS, Hog, and Halcyon for starters.

If my computer went belly up I'd probably hunt ebay for a used cheapo. Computers all basically do the same thing in recreational diving; there is absolutely no correlation between computer algorithm and DCS incidence, and the bells and whistles some computers come with are just that. Once you get into technical/deco diving, the choice of computer/tables/software becomes much more critical, but that's driven by a much higher level of training and (hopefully!) better understanding of decompression theory and dive behavior.

I would contact Leisure Pro, tell them your problem. They have always been very fair with me and their customer service responds via email within 24 hours.

It will probably be less hassle in the long run to return it and get the correct product.

I went for a dive today with some friends who had Oms 45 bungees and they worked fine but I did notice the taco effect. I've decided to get a 32 and keep the 45 for when I move to doubles. I'll still get a wrist computer, probably a uwatec aladin tec 2. Thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom