now the diving fun starts,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigtim6656

Reaction score
KEY LARGO florida diving capital of the world
# of dives
25 - 49
It just hit me I forgot to let you all in on my fun. After some discussions on moving out of indiana, I quickly tossed in what I thought was a shot in the dark of FLORIDA. Well I was told find a place with in miles (1to10) of the ocean for less then 1000 and we would move, I found a nice little place in key largo for 1000 a month, sure there were cheaper places in the northen part, but as someone on scubatoys put it, your looking at a long ride in a car for a short boat trip(keys south east florida) or a long boat ride with a short car ride(tampa north west florida) We moved most of our stuff the week before xmas, and mom and dad will be here saturday, had a week all to my self :D, did alittle drinking, sitting on the beach, ate some seafood(ok ALOT OF SEAFOOD) and even did some snorkeling, diving next week for sure.

I can now change my profile to say florida :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Those places are hard to find but I found one on Largo, a small bungalow for $750 a month, including utilities. No lease but the guy wanted a stay of at least three months. I'd have been down there all winter, staying in this place, if I hadn't gotten lucky and got some medical problems I had to take care of this year. Lots of people own places down there which came down through the family and don't want to or can't live there. Also there are a lot of condos for rent which snowbirds living up north have bought, live in them a couple months a year, and can't afford to keep them up and pay the rediculous property taxes, so they try to rent them out at a high price hoping to pay for them. You can definitely negociate a fair price since most of them stay empty most of the time. I$lamorada is a different $tory. though there are a few "reasonably-priced" motels down there if you don't need a 5-star unit. I have been staying at one of them for free for a couple years, wracking up days by doing some small electrical jobs for the owner while I am there. Tradesmen don't come cheap down there. Think about it for yourself.

Man I envy you. I would love to live in keylargo. I go there every month to dive but I am unable to find a place to work that will pay enough to live there. Places are cheap but work is hard to find. Let me know if you want a room mate LOL. Maybe one day I will get there.

To the OP, taunting paradise is just not nice to the rest of us:wink:

To the OP, taunting paradise is just not nice to the rest of us:wink:

Especially when the thermometer says less than freezing and a winter storm warning was just announce! :angrymob:

never know, my dad asked how I would do the dive program at FKCC if I moved, I said I ant leaving, EVER. He said he figured a year or so max, :idk:
Man I envy you. I would love to live in keylargo. I go there every month to dive but I am unable to find a place to work that will pay enough to live there. Places are cheap but work is hard to find. Let me know if you want a room mate LOL. Maybe one day I will get there.

Back
Top Bottom