Does this exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm for sure weeding out the zuma. I've seen too many complaints about the bcd leaking and aqualung won't stand behind it. Durability is a big issue for a traveling bcd. I'm intrigued by Zeagles lifetime warranty. I'm also interested in the scubapro knighthawk.

I wish the Zeagle scout had true integrated weights, because I would buy it. I'm 6'0 185 and for some reason it takes a lot of lead to get me under. In fact, in Turks and Caicos the DM had to grab my hand and basically drag me under. She then gave me 4 more pounds and that's what kept me down. This is my reasoning for not wanting a weight belt.

The apeks and other stuff seem to resemble BP/W. No offense, I just don't want to wear a crotch strap to keep the thing on me. Would love to hear any other suggestions or advice.

Ditto for checking out the Zeagle Express Tech thread. There is much info to go through, but well worth it. I've only traveled with mine twice, but I am very pleased with the product. I won't be looking for any replacement or wishing that I had chosen something else.
OND

Then I would look at the Stiletto. Weighs less than a pound more, has more lift, and integrated weight pockets, including trim weight pockets on the tank bands. I wear one for SoCal diving with a 7mm, steel tank, and usually only need 16lbs of lead, with 6-8 of that on the tank bands.

I would invest in the extra weight bags that go into the weight pockets. If you ever need to remove the BC and hand it up to someone on a boat, they keep your weights together. Learned that the hard way in the Galapagos. Poor Panga drivers had to lift up the BC, tank and all the weight, instead of handing the weights up separate. On the other hand, I was one of the few that didn't seem to lose a weight pocket at some point. .

check out the Seaquest- Aqualung Balance..back inflate. small back plate 40 lbs of lift, plenty of d-rings. very comfortable with or without wetsuit. weight integrated plus back trim pockets if so desired. i use mine with 11mm of wetsuit and and find it very comfortable. able to use the belt buckle to wrap it up smaller to store... not extremely small but very nice and able to use for more than just tropical warm water if you decide to.

I'm looking for a back inflate BC ( please no BP/W) with integrated weights that is a good travel size. This will only be used to dive warm tropical waters. I don't want to have to wear a weight belt. I normally have to load 16 pounds, so I'm wanting front load weight pockets only. Lastly, I'm wanting something that doesn't cost a fortune.

Does something like this exist? I was looking at the Zeagle line or maybe the Aqualung Zuma. I just don't know if Zeagle or Aqualung are good quality. Any opinions would be appreciated. :D

i use a mares paguses bc.. leisurepro.com $228

Thanks for all the replies. I'm for sure weeding out the zuma. I've seen too many complaints about the bcd leaking and aqualung won't stand behind it. Durability is a big issue for a traveling bcd. I'm intrigued by Zeagles lifetime warranty. I'm also interested in the scubapro knighthawk.

I wish the Zeagle scout had true integrated weights, because I would buy it. I'm 6'0 185 and for some reason it takes a lot of lead to get me under. In fact, in Turks and Caicos the DM had to grab my hand and basically drag me under. She then gave me 4 more pounds and that's what kept me down. This is my reasoning for not wanting a weight belt.

The apeks and other stuff seem to resemble BP/W. No offense, I just don't want to wear a crotch strap to keep the thing on me. Would love to hear any other suggestions or advice.
Zeagle Stiletto has front integrated pockets and is lightweight. Even lighter is the Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe. It also comes with the front integrated weight pockets. I have both and they are great. You sound like a large or Xlarge. The zeagle can be bought in modular sizes. If you are tall you can get an XL shoulder and a large cummerbund. They do have lifetime warranties. And Zeagle backs up their products. Of course, if you wash it and care for it, you will never ever have a need to use the warranty.

I have the scubapro knighthawk and its great. Ive taken it on trips several times i have a big suitcase that i put all my dive gear in that probably weighs 5 pounds or so and with all my dive gear in it including 13lbs of weight i still came in under the 50lb weight limit that the airlines have.

Hi robbcayman,

I've been diving a Knighthawk for 5 years and 350 dives in a wide variety of conditions. It fits me very well and is quite stable. The front quick-release weight pouches are said to hold up to 12 lbs each whereas the rear trim pockets hold 5 lbs each. I've dived mine with just a couple of lbs up to 20 lbs in cold water with a full 7mm and hooded vest.

I always take all my own gear on dive trips. I use the same strategy as demarest652. I pack all my gear, some clothes, a non-TSA compliant toiletry bag, etc. in a nondescript, large, light, suitcase that generally weighs in at about 45 lbs (verified with electronic scale). That allows me to reliably return at under 50 lbs when my gear is still damp from diving. The Knighthawk is not the lightest BC you can find but it is quite rugged, flexible, and works great for me.

Best of luck in finding the BC you're looking for.

Good diving, Craig

Okay, I'll bite. Have you tried diving with a BP/W with a crotch strap? If not, don't knock it till you try it. If yes, I apologize in advance for bringing it up.

Do yourself a favour and check out the Aeris 5 Oceans.

BC designed for travel and local diving - AERIS 5 Oceans Crossover Dual Purpose BC

p_bcs_5_Oceans_red_side1.jpg

I'm a WBH-fan myself, but for anyone else this one should be considered. I've had one on display in my shop and I've sold a few. Customers are very happy. I've just gotten around to a pool dive with it myself, and for warm water diving it seems really great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom