Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just sent and recieved some emails on some used steel tanks i thought about buying:
ME: What size, and make are the tanks? What make are the valves.
HER: They are standard size, I don't know the brand, but I'm an instructor and only bought the best.
ME: Are they banded as doubles, or single tanks?
HER: OH, they are singles, no one would band together steel tanks because they are to heavy to wear on your back.
ME: Are they high pressure or low pressure?
HER: They are high pressure, because I used them on deep dives.
ME: Nevermind. Not interested.

WTF???????????? Standard size...what's that? An Instructor...yeah right. Deep dives....don't know the size of the tanks.....DUMBA$$ Probably 72's

Well......they ARE an instructor. So you shouldn't question their wisdom. Haha.
Reminds me of the scuba.com ad that shows up on the banner here. It points out the fact that all of their gear is assembled by professional instructors. ;-)
Like that means anything......seriously? An actual instructor assembled the equipment, with their own hands? Wow!!

-Mitch

What a moron. Her husband finally emailed me some pics.....I wasn't far off they are Faber 80's. I'm soooooo glad I don't have those banded together....can you imagine how heavy they must be wearing them on your back!!! LOL Sheesh... can you imagine what she teaches her students!!!

... is she blonde?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did she say she was a "Scuba Instructor"? Could be a knitting or Skiing instructor and those tanks would be heavy in those situations.

I have bought some gear and looked at alot more on Craigslist.com and man some of those people just dont have a clue. I can really relate to your post. I have scored some really good gear at next to nothing because of ignorance.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom