Lionfish solution import more scorpionfish.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, it looks like there was a real problem with the spines of the Loinfish doing bad things inside it's mouth. :depressed:

There is a problem with introducing a vertebrate predator to deal with a population of exotic pests. There is nothing that prevents the vertebrate predator from going off and dining off of the native species and becoming nearly as bad a problem as the target pest. I recall that a mongoose was released in, I believe, Hawaii to contend with an exotic. Supposedly, it set up a truce with its fellow exotic and they both proceeded to lay waste to the endemic species. Well, it was a good idea.

We need bigger scorpion fish to handle those big 12"-16" from tip to tip lion fish.....

There is a problem with introducing a vertebrate predator to deal with a population of exotic pests.

True, some vertebrate predators end up creating specialized PADI courses that attract more vertebrate predators.

In a bunch of different forums? I started the thread in 2 places, Bonaire and Cozumel. Those are the 2 places I dive most and have seen Lionfish. Again the mods cannot keep out of everyones business and deleted my other post.

It is confusing and not helpful to have the same thread repeated in different places. This is the mod's business, as multiple copies of the same thread will just cause a jam to the board's already busy servers. Think if everyone did this.

Back
Top Bottom