New Pentax K7 DSLR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using Ikelite products for over 30 years.I am amazed at their level of service and how they have gone above and beyond their waranty on many occassions.I have had 6 Ikleite housings and countless strobes,Lights,compasses,etc..They truly stand behind their products and are a great resource to those of us who need support or information for one of their products.For any of my needs I will search out an Ikelite product and purchase if available.I can't say enough good things about them !!

I have been using Ikelite products for over 30 years.I am amazed at their level of service and how they have gone above and beyond their waranty on many occassions.I have had 6 Ikleite housings and countless strobes,Lights,compasses,etc..They truly stand behind their products and are a great resource to those of us who need support or information for one of their products.For any of my needs I will search out an Ikelite product and purchase if available.I can't say enough good things about them !!

Ikelite are a great company and I would use them if I could!

I have three Ike 35mm housings and assorted ports and strobes.

Unfortunately they have ceased making custom housings (you used to send them your camera and they would fit it to a housing, a fantastic service!) and will no longer supply blank housings with controls you can fit yourself.

Unless Ikelite bring back custom fitting or start supporting Pentax again
those of us who would prefer to use Pentaxes underwater will have to look elswhere.

We do still offer a couple of these:
Housing Parts

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Thanks Jean,

I was referring to camera housings without controls fitted and the through bulkhead buttons and levers etc as parts so I could fit my own controls.

I understand there would be no Ikelite warranty but is there anyway to buy a complete housing without controls and fit my own to suit my camera?

Cheers!

Hallo, please make housing for Pentax k7. I know about more people that are waiting for it, so they could take their camera under water. Thanks!

Got to add my Me too .. A K7/K5 housing would have netted you a sale today as thats why I'm on the forum looking.

Hi Jean,

Both the Pentax KR and K5 are awesome cameras, with the K5 being weather sealed and the having the best APSC high ISO performance.

Since you currently support Sony, Olympus and Fuji DSLR's would you please look at Pentax again, given the command a higher market share than those brands?

I would be happy to offer my camera to build a prototype around:)

Happy New Year!!

A wedding photog here in the process of getting my AOW scuba ticket. I also would like a good underwater housing for my pentax gear. I want to give UW a try :) way too many bottom feeding wedding photogs in the biz ATM.. So why not jump in with the sharks :acclaim:and give UW photography a go! Also Ikelite make a housing for the 645D :) This is only weather sealed MF digital on the market that is truly made for Underwater photography! It's a DSLR with a 40 mpx chip. Think of the marketing this camera could do for Ikelite with the size of prints it can produce:) Please Ikelite support pentax..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom