Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBozanic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of you who might be interested, Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition was released at DEMA in Las Vegas two weeks ago. A little about this new edition:

Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition:

Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition is a revised edition of Jeff Bozanic's seminal text Mastering Rebreathers. The text has been designed to be used both as a textbook, and as a primer for those who are interested in rebreathers, but would like to learn more about the technology before making the decision to take the plunge. The content has been expanded and updated to include the latest in rebreather technology. About 100 pages of new content has been added from the original edition. Chapters include Introduction, history, types of rebreathers, physics, physiology, theory, design, pre- and post-dive procedures, dive procedures, maintenance, emergency procedures, and travel. Appendices contain constant oxygen partial pressure dive tables, pre- and post-dive checklists for many common rebreathers, and special documentation such as MSDSs and travel restrictions. The book is available in two formats; softbound with waterproof paper, and a hardbound edition appropriate for libraries and serious readers. Both printings include full color printing throughout the text, and high quality paper stock. Published by Best Publishing Company. 640 pages.

Copies may be ordered from:
Jeffrey Bozanic
P.O. Box 3448
Huntington Beach, CA 92605-3448
JBozanic@HQonline.net

Soft bound: $45 including shipping within the U.S.
$60 including international shipping

Hard bound: $55 including shipping within the U.S.
$70 including international shipping

(If you would like them signed by the author, please include the name to whom you would like it inscribed.)

P.S. I hope I am not offending anyone by putting a post here on the book, or including pricing....

Attachments

• Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition.JPG
    Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 558
....P.S. I hope I am not offending anyone by putting a post here on the book, or including pricing....

I am offended!! For my emotional distress, please send a copy to... :D

Nice to see a 2nd edition Jeff. I'm sure this will become the new must have for anyone interested in rebreathers and current CCR divers.

Jason

Thanks, Guys!!
Book is doing great so far. Sold out at DEMA. Sold out on the copies I brought to Brazil last week. (Dove a cool galleon, cannons and all, whiile there! See my gallery.) And am bringing copies to Israel with me tomorrow.

Happy Holidays!!
Jeff

This book is a must for people that want to learn more about rebreathers!!!

I finished all 600+ pages in three nights. Very good book and very easy to read.

The price is unusally reasonable for a publication in this field. Hopefully the book is more affordable for those scratching their heads and considering going in this direction.

600 pages! Think I'll order one. Thanks for the post.

I wanted the price to be as reasonable as possible, so that it was not an issue for those considering buying or switching from open circuit to a rebreather. We were able to do this thanks to the generous support of the advertisers in the "Rebreather Supporters" section of the book.

I hope you will all consider supporting them in turn!

Thank you!!

For those of you who might be interested, Mastering Rebreathers, 2nd Edition was released at DEMA in Las Vegas two weeks ago.

About frigging time!

Yes, I agree... "about friggin' time!"

It took much longer than I anticipated to get it done. But its out now...

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom