ACE wreck video dana point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfulks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So reading DJ's recent post of his dive on ACE in Dana Point gave me a kick in the pants to finish up a little video my brother (textilet) and I shot last weekend. Beside's a few people's pictures, we had not seen any video (at least publicly available) of the wreck. So here it is:

Ace wreck Dana Point on Vimeo

We had two great dives, only about 20 foot viz, but there was only our group of 4 on the boat. It made for a relaxing trip. The California Scorpion fish cover the wreck, at times stacked 3 or 4 deep. Also, the barred sandbass were huge, and schooling, I've never seen an aggregation quite like this in Orange County.

Your best video yet. You're getting really good. Topside stuff in the beginning is well done and the UW parts are really well lit.

Next time you plan to head out there, gives me a holler. I'd like to dive her at some point next year. Know a few others who might be interested in joining as well.

Unfortunately I can't watch it at work (or even on my phone), but I can't wait to see it when I get home tonight.

Like Rainer mentioned, if you plan to go out again next year, let me know as well....I've been interested since they first released the info, but my schedule has just not worked out with theirs yet.

That was well done. I enjoyed watching it.

Thanks for sharing

I love the video man! I have watched it numerous times and have gotten it splattered across the web. You did a great job. I wonder what kind of video you would have had on that day. It was at least 40 feet of visibility. I was at 82 feet and saw the entire wreck clear as day.

Thanks for bringing this out. Good to see that your video views have gone up quite a bit today!

Thanks Pete,
Really cool/great video. And a very good dive as well (beyond the 4-pack!)

The number of scorpion fishes was indeed incredible !

c-reel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom