Sony DSC-100 Cybershot Camera Housing and accesories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadoo69

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Sony camera which I have had for many years stopped working so now I have all these parts and accesories and no camera. This is a great deal for someone who has this camera DSC-100. It was a very popular point and shoot so I know they are out there. Here is a list and picture of it all:

Sony MPK-PHB Cybershot 40m Marine Pack housing with red lens filter
Extra O-ring and grease
USB charger (for charging and downloading)
AC power charger
Sony Zoom Tele-conversion lens x2.6 with adapter
Sony hard sided case (for camera itself for land use)
1 Memory Stick Pro 256MB (came with the camera)
Lanyard for camera and for camera housing

PM if you have questions on anything

$100 OBO for everything!!!

Attachments

• Camera Stuff2.jpg
    Camera Stuff2.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 155
Correction...the camera model is DSC-P100. Sorry left out the "P" :)
And YES...its still for sale!

I'm mostly interested in the underwater housing. Ever any problems with leaking?

Just sticking in my 2 cents.

This was my first camera setup. I bought this model housing on Ebay for $125 a year ago. In addition to the DSC P100, the housing will also fit the Sony DSC P150, which I already had. Never a problem with leakage (the clear case makes it easy to check the bright blue O-ring to ensure it's properly seated when the housing is closed) and it's held it's own down to 110 fsw. I believe these housings were actually made for Sony by Ikelite. Mine is still going strong as my backup camera that tucks in a BC pocket for those dives where I'm not setting out to do photography, but like to have a small camera handy.

I see a DSC P150 on Ebay right now for under $50 (cheapest I've ever seen them), so for $150 you could have a fairly nimble point and shoot UW digital camera system. If you do buy this, definitely upgrade the memory stick.

I've no vested interest in this, just passing along my observation and experiences to those who are wondering about the housing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I have the p100 which takes really good pictures but I haven't been using it much since I upgraded to another camera. I thought this would be a good way to put it to use.

Dan w,

I have never had any problems with the housing and I have taken the housing to 130ft. Never any leaks. My camera stopped working one day and I used the camera as my land camera mostly with the option of taking it underwater. So now without the camera, i have all this stuff for my now dead Sony.

I agree with bilsant, you definitely want to upgrade the memory stick if you haven't already. Its a great camera. My only complaint with all the new cameras out there now, is that the LCD screen was a bit small but unless your sight is impaired, its not a problem.

If you are still interested in the housing or any of the accessories let me know. I am willing to sell the housing separately, however...the added accessories are great for this camera and for what I paid for all this $100 is cheap. The accessories are practically free with the housing being the primary item. Let me know and make an offer if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom