Advice needed for multi-island cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrotherBear

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted the following in "Cruises" a month ago and got exactly zero responses so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I'm pretty certain one of my two dive days will be Dominica, need advice on which operator to book with.

Hi all,

I am going with a bunch of family on Jan 8th for a seven day cruise with stops in:

St Croix
St Kitts
Dominica
Grenada
Tobago

Each stop will be a full day (8am to 5pm or later) so it should be fairly easy for arrange diving on my own without worrying about missing the boat at the end of the day.

Since I am the only diver in the group I have agreed to only dive two of these locations but I can have the full day at each of the two for diving. Problem is that, except for snorkeling in Dominica many years ago (wonderful, BTW), I have never been on any of these islands let alone having dived them.

So, if you had the choice of two if the above...which would it be, why, and who would you dive with? I like reef diving as well as wrecks so I'm not really picky there...although a nice drift dive can be awesome! I would rather arrange dives on my own than use cruise excursion operators...BTDT.

Oh, and my strong preference is for boat dives since here in New England all I do are shore dives with long walks and crappy entries, I want to feel like I'm on vacation. BTW, I'm an advanced SSI diver so I have no problem with deeper dives (but also don't have a particular need to go deep)

"Dive St. Kitts" is the only full sevice dive hotel in St. Kitts & Nevis. They can pick you up at Port Zante in St. Kitts, provide transfers, gear if needed, and 2-tank dive for great price. Small, fun crew, and back to ship in plenty of time! Dive@divestkitts.com :popcorn:

Dove with ALDIVE in Dominica on a cruise last Nov. Supposed to go back but my ship pulled out from that port. Good operation, pick up at the ship, 10 min drive to the shop/boat.

Dove St. Croix with Cane Bay. They pick you up at the dive shop a short walk from the pier. Great operation, WONDERFUL dives.

St. Croix definitely has some of the best diving in the Caribbean and it's very convenient to the cruise ship. Just to be clear, I'm not an impartial opinion as I own and operate a dive shop here.

We have two custom dive boats available to you. One located at the Pier--we dive the west end wrecks and reefs from that boat, and the other located in the main town of Christiansted (about 30 minutes from the Pier) that dives the north shore walls and reefs.

If you have any questions about us, or diving in general here, please don't hesitate to let me know. Regardless of whom you choose to dive with you will absolutely love the diving around St. Croix.

I have been to and dived St. Croix and Dominica on that list. I would highly recommend either location for diving. I used Dive Dominica in Dominica last year. They are located at Fort Young Hotel which is where the cruise ships come in. Great op. Steps from the ship. Boat ride less than 10 minutes to diving at Scotts Head. I was in St. Croix almost ten years ago and used an op whose name escapes so I can't help you with that one.

Back
Top Bottom