Mares ICON HD and Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hanssued

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a new guy here, I'm focusing the Mares ICON HD and still waiting for the air integrated version. Now I'm using a computer from another manufature, and I'm using a laptop with Mac system too, I tried to find a software again and again, at last I found one, it's not free, but it can be used for most of dive computers in several brands, I've got one and I've tried to use it with my computer, it's very nice. I didn't get the ICON HD yet, and the website of the software said the driver of ICON HD is not required, so I'm not sure if it will be worked with the ICON HD, but I think you can download the free version first and try it. This is not an advertising message, but I really love this software, especially the management of photos, it can work with the iPhoto to add the photos you took during the dive to your profiles, it's very interesting thing, but you should make sure your camera and your dive computer are in the same time system. Because I'm a new guy here, I can't post the URLs, so if anybody want to try it, you can try to search 'macdive' with google.

We will have our own proprietary software / dive log manager that is completely MAC compatible in the near future.

Thanks for you post.

Best,

We will have our own proprietary software / dive log manager that is completely MAC compatible in the near future.

Thanks for you post.

Best,

Hey Zak,

That's good news. Once you've got that sorted I'll be a proud owner of your DC:D. Your Mares Icon HD is just the thing for us older divers that are long sighted. Was looking at the Liquivision Fisher X as well, but they still think PC is the only way to go

I'm a new guy here, I'm focusing the Mares ICON HD and still waiting for the air integrated version. Now I'm using a computer from another manufature, and I'm using a laptop with Mac system too, I tried to find a software again and again, at last I found one, it's not free, but it can be used for most of dive computers in several brands, I've got one and I've tried to use it with my computer, it's very nice. I didn't get the ICON HD yet, and the website of the software said the driver of ICON HD is not required, so I'm not sure if it will be worked with the ICON HD, but I think you can download the free version first and try it. This is not an advertising message, but I really love this software, especially the management of photos, it can work with the iPhoto to add the photos you took during the dive to your profiles, it's very interesting thing, but you should make sure your camera and your dive computer are in the same time system. Because I'm a new guy here, I can't post the URLs, so if anybody want to try it, you can try to search 'macdive' with google.
Hi Zak

This is sweet music to my ears, :) I bouth a Mac and to months later I bouth an ICON HD. until the day the software for mac comes out I'll have to use my sisters computer :(

Mykle

this was posted in early December. Are there any real release dates for this software?
I am looking to change computers and this would sway my opinion quickly.
jr

I wish I could give you a date, but note it is high on the priority list. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Best,

Zak

Seems as thou the mac version of the Divers Diary for Mac was released. I found it on the Mares site under software in the EU region (I would post the link but I haven't made enough posts on ScubaBoard for that to be allowed - sorry. For the direct link check out the Mares...just add water group on Facebook, thats where I found the link originally)

The only problem is that after you launch the newly downloaded software it doesn't seem to run an installer. I can't get it installed at all. Any clue how to fix that?

Thanks a bunch
Karen

Just downloaded DiversDiary onto my Mac and, on the plus side, it downloaded logged dives from my Mares ICON HD with no problem.
However, the setup is a little flakey and I can't use it to upgrade the ICON HD to the newest firmware upgrade, 2.0, or, any of the previous firmware upgrades.
I am less worried about this as I am waiting for the new Air Integrated model that will be released "this Spring."
Just being able to download my dives is a major advantage so I am not that concerned.

Jim B

Was looking at the Liquivision Fisher X as well, but they still think PC is the only way to go

The Liquivision X1 has only a Windows/PC interface. The Liquivision Xen and Xeo have interfaces compatible with both PC and Mac-OSX.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Back
Top Bottom