Help me plan a BUDGET trip to max my diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello. First thanks for reading. I'm taking a 2 month break to try and dive me ass off. I figure Ill try the Philippines for a month then go to Indo. I've done some reading and think I am more confused than ever. I am traveling alone and am on a budget of around $100 USD a day. I'd like to do as much (good) diving as possible. It would be nice to do 3 dives a day if possible. Also where should I start? I was thinking of starting in PG ? Best budget dive operator or even where to stay (i can live without AC) Is it best to book ahead of time? Also can I work a deal if i buy 10+ dives? Lastly if anyone has a loose itinerary or list of places i should go to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

good plan

100 a day and 3 dives is a bit optimistic (you have own gear?) but combined with some non diving days you can dive ur ass off. I ve thought of a similar trip: PG - Cebu/ malapasque--> bali --> komodo --> sulawesi

excl travling costs you can manage by 25-30 a dive. Small discounts usually for ten dives. Accomodation 5-15 a day. Food and drinks 15 a day

too tired to type more now lol

k thanks. I plan on doing a similar trip

I would recommend working down the Philippines from Mindoro to Mindanao. The $100 / day is a good number. I would recommend $150 / day for an average. You will always (reads - never fails!) run into transportation challenges. Should you get stuck somewhere due to weather or something else weird....it could get expensive quick. You can even prepay your stays for some savings. Many operators use PayPal now. Gear...important! Plan on paying overweight for baggage. Plan on it. More to follow later.

in my opinion the criteria of 3 dives a day, a place to stay, food and $15 a day for beers is not realistic, especially if your profile is correct and you only own a mask and computer.... change your criteria from 3 to 2 dives a day and you could go just about anywhere (provided your not at all picky about where to stay). Just remember that the places you pay $15 a night for are not the kind of place you want to lounge around on any non-diving days.... I agree with BabyD that 150 is a more realistic figure.....

Big Apple at PG has room for P500 and P1,100 per dive(gear included). Try to negotiate the VIP price for P900 before arrival.
$100 per day is really really tight in most places.
Manila-Anilao-PG-Manila-Cebu-Moalboal-Dumaguette-Bohol-Malapascua-Cebu-Davao-General Santos-Manila-Subic. Side trip would be to Coron.
Flight: Manila to Cebu, Cebu to Davao/Gen San and Davao/Gen San to Manila.

ok 2 dives it is. where is Mindanao? I will be flying to Manila

k, I am assuming it is safe.

k, I am assuming it is safe.

Relatively speaking it is.. Finding a local guide would be a good idea. (like others) I would recommend $150.00 or slightly more per day as a better budget. Plan on not sleeping in the airconditioning at these rates unless you are really lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom