Blue Reef Octo/Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually the tricky part is that LeisurePro will not sell the parts to a dive shop either. (Direct info from Leisure Pro). In order to service it, you have to send it back to them.

Which is actually appropriate since they are the 'manufacturer, and do not train outside technicians to work on Blue Reef gear.

I did not know LP serviced equipment. Do they do so at a reasonable price? If so, just send it to them when it needs it. However, if you service it yourself, couldn't you just get the Dive Rite kits?

c

I did not know LP serviced equipment. Do they do so at a reasonable price? If so, just send it to them when it needs it. However, if you service it yourself, couldn't you just get the Dive Rite kits?

c

Sure LP services equipment. LP is the LDS to a lot of folks in NYC. (they just also happen to be the biggest e-tailer of dive gear as well)

c

Not if it is for rental.

c

couv,

We do service all the gear that we sell and I would say that our prices are reasonable. We charge $49.95 labor for a full system service (first, second, octo, gauges). For an octo / inflator we charge $15 in labor to service them.

FYI: This item is in sale today only for $45

They've got them on ebay for $45 plus $10 for shipping if you don't pull the trigger today.

Ok, so LP will service for $15 in labor. What's the cost of the parts? Does anyone have the Dive Rite version who can tell us what the Dive Rite parts cost (assuming they're the same device) if we want to DIY?

At that price it is practically a disposible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom