Golem reverse profile stream backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone ever dive one of these backplates with a single tank (as opposed to a rebreather)? How did you find it worked? What wing did you use?

Anyone ever dive one of these backplates with a single tank (as opposed to a rebreather)? How did you find it worked? What wing did you use?

I am TRULY surprised no one has replied. This BP would seem to be a terrific one for diving single tanks with no STA--the simplest and most stable arrangement I have seen so far. I am so tempted to bite at it. However, I sent an email question to Golem but have yet to receive a reply. No reply means no business from me. Too bad. As far as I am concerned, Golem Gear does not exist.

As mentioned in other thread.
I have responded to your email. Please check your spam filters.

To answer your question:
Yes they are great for single tank diving. Very clean and streamlined configuration.

And the combo packages are on sale now :)

Golem Gear Annual Holiday Sale

As mentioned in other thread.
I have responded to your email. Please check your spam filters.

To answer your question:
Yes they are great for single tank diving. Very clean and streamlined configuration.

And the combo packages are on sale now :)

Golem Gear Annual Holiday Sale

WOW!! Spam filter?? That's a good one!! I always look at each spam item BEFORE deleting it. And you haven't here even answered my question--what if a single tank wing has built-in tank stabilizing bars? Will these built-in bars get in the way of the "clean and streamlined configuration" of your BP?

I haven't looked at your combo packages yet, but I do know that you don't sell a single tank wing smaller than 35# of lift, which is more than I need. I am VERY interested in your reverse profile BP. If you are interested in selling this to me for $150--SHIPPED--then please let me know (I will be watching carefully my spam folder :). I have a BIG problem with paying $17+ for shipping to the Bay Area (Mountain View).

Thanks...and nice finally to hear from you.

(I have just now looked at your combo packages. I only use Scubapro cam bands and never use a crotch strap, so your combo, esp given the 35# wing, is of no interest to me, even though the price seems GREAT [if that wing were 30#, I would have already bought it]!! I WANT YOUR REVERSE PROFILE STREAM BP--BUT FOR NOT A PENNY MORE THAN $150, which is already a HEFTY price. If you're willing to ship it to me for $150, then PM me. And if it's as good as it looks, you can bet that I will market for you this product better than you seem to market it yourself--no one on this board seems to own one).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom