SB Invade the Rock 2011... when and where.....

Aussie Invasion 2011 - when and where

• lets repeat - SWR in early March!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • SWR again but a different month

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • somewhere in Queensland (ie, HMAS brisbane or Straddie)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • somewhere cold (ie, Tassie or Sth Aust)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhere on the west coast (ie, West Aust)

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah for us too! If you fly in to Sydney.. We could probably arrange to meet you and take you up to SWR with us!

Is it now definite for SWR? Do we know exact dates yet? (I may not be able to make it mid-week due to a different roster, unless I request it very early.)

It looks like SWR Again... March and we will check with a few people to work out exact dates... would be great to dive with you again Cath! Did you see that a Manta was sighted at SWR recently?

Hi Petunias,

Looks like you might have a Brazilian crashing the party as well - I'll monitor this thread to see what the dates will end up being and will try to make it happen.

Cheers,

Andre

The poll indicates SWR early March so we need to firm up dates. Second week has been the go with the first and second Aussie Invasion so we will do it again same time same place. That means the dates will be March 7th through 10th.

For those who are interested OzTeck will be in Sydney the weekend on March 12 and 13th. Some people may find it convenient to do the Invade the Rock and follow it up with the OzTeck.

We normally do the midweek package with Jon. He has catered to us in the past and provided a great venue. Some people may want to extend their stay to include the weekend before and after. Anyone who can't stay the week days may be able to link up with us for the first or last day(s).

We will let Jon know to expect us again. People can contact Jon and let him know you are part of the SB Invade the Rock group.

Here is a great link to Sas's fantastic Report on the IVTR and Facilities

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/australia/287030-fish-rock-trip-report-mar-09-a.html

There is a link to Jon's site on Face book as well
Login | Facebook

By contacting Jon everyone can work out their own arrival and departure dates. You can also give him the relevant info on your certification, experience and any special needs. We are looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

Last edited:
That means the dates will be March 7th through 10th.

For those who are interested OzTeck will be in Sydney the weekend on March 11 and 12th. Some people may find it convenient to do the Invade the Rock and follow it up with the OzTeck.

OZTeK is Sat 12 March to Sun 13 March.

Jon's "midweek special" covers Mon-Thur diving (4 days), including accommodation. So we would have Friday to get to Sydney (465km).

OZTeK is Sat 12 March to Sun 13 March.

Jon's "midweek special" covers Mon-Thur diving (4 days), including accommodation. So we would have Friday to get to Sydney (465km).

Thanks.. I corrected that in my post.. blonde moment or:crafty: brain fart?:shocked2: not sure which:eyebrow:

Anyway now people can start planning... will you be trying to get to OZteck?

Please Tell me you are coming...

I am so sick of taking the photos of that slate that says "Hi Burna" :wink:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:see Burna you have no choice now:rofl3::rofl3:

Hi BOP,

Do fishrock dive do a group special for the midweek dives??

We are heading to Oztek, so have to talk to the others about driving down instead of flying on the Friday as originally planned....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom