help canon lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really depends on what you are planning to shoot and the conditions you will be shooting in.

For macro, or in poor visibility I use the Canon 100mm Macro with a flat port.

In normal conditions, and as my default lens, I use the canon 10-22mm S series lens with an eight inch dome port.

There are others, but those two are my go to lenses for 99% of my work.

Jeff

Hello... i've just starting to use an slr for underwater.... now i use the tamron 60mm macro lens....
and its quit nice..... (i dont have any other lens lol)
but i agree with doubler.... tokina 10-17 fish eye.... i read very good for underwater and canon 60 and 100 good for macro.... but i can compare for the macro with the tamron though.... hehehehe....

Tokina 10-17MM (wide angle), Canon 100mm(Macro)USM, Canon 60mm (Macro)

I agree with Doubler.

I would personally Buy the Tokina 10-17mm and 60mm macro first and then the 100mm macro and maybe the Sigma 17-70mm at a later date. But if your shooting alot of shy critters and need the focal length then buy the 100mm Macro first.

Regards Mark

There used to be a sticky note on the forum with a list of lens recommendations. I found it very helpful when I moved up to a dlsr. I believe it was posted by Alcina a few years back. Perhaps it could be retrieved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom