What Did You Do About Fins With Your Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a question about what some of you did when you went from diving wet to dry. I just got a dry suit and I already wear an XL paddle fin. I wear a size 12 shoe. With a converse tennis shoe only the top of my foot goes in the fins. This of course makes pulling the spring strap up almost impossible.

I don't think I can get a larger fin, smaller shoes aren't an option, sooooo do I just get a larger spring strap and deal with the fins not being so far down on my foot? Dumb question I know...but just wondering what some of you did.

I wear a size 12 shoe so I use SCUBAPRO jet fins XXL with spring straps and the rockboots fit in the pocket very well.

Besides the ScubaPro XXL jet, you can also look at the OMS slipstream, or the Turtle Fin. Both of these also come in XXL size. I have a size 11 foot and both OMS and Turtle fin work for me, where my XL Scubapro jet fit like you describe.

I wear the size 12 Chuck Taylors as drysuit boots as well, I use the XL Hollis F1, Fits pretty well and are negatively buoyant. Great for Drysuit diving in you don't mind looking like Batman

I currently use an XL Slipstream. I was sure hoping I wasn't going to have to buy new fins. I didn't know OMS made an XXL. I will be at Ed's tomorrow, I will have to try the larger fins.

Besides the ScubaPro XXL jet, you can also look at the OMS slipstream, or the Turtle Fin. Both of these also come in XXL size. I have a size 11 foot and both OMS and Turtle fin work for me, where my XL Scubapro jet fit like you describe.

Up here we dive both dry and wet (mostly dry)........

All my dive buddies have two sets of fins, no one I know uses the same fins for both wet and dry diving.......

At least that is our experience........

M

I had to go up a size in fins. I use OMS Slipstreams diving wet and I tried them on my first DS dives. I ended up stretching the spring a little so went with the XXL Scubapro Jets with springs. I found my Slipstreams left me a tad floaty in the feet.
I need to get a new set of boots with a bigger sole to offset the stretched springs when diving wet. :(

I have a size 15 shoe and 4x boots on my dry suit I had to get the biggest jetfin that they make. Love it.

Posted from my phone.

Get rid of the converse and get a wet suit boot that's one size larger than what you normally wear. You'll be able to fit your feet in your current fins. I spend money on rock boots and converse and ended up with the wet suit boot and haven't looked back since. A lot cheaper, too. You can get a set of boots for $25.

I like this idea...I will try that tomorrow! Thanks Rob

Get rid of the converse and get a wet suit boot that's one size larger than what you normally wear. You'll be able to fit your feet in your current fins. I spend money on rock boots and converse and ended up with the wet suit boot and haven't looked back since. A lot cheaper, too. You can get a set of boots for $25.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom