Greetings from the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi!

The Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving (PCSSD) is a government agency that regulate diving activities here in our country.

We would love to learn and hear from you all.

Thank you!

Gerry Reyes
Executive Director
PCSSD

Hi Gerry,

Welcome!!!

I'm heading there this Coming Feb to do some diving in Anilao, Malapascua, Bohol, and Dumaguete. Last time I did some diving in the PI was eleven years ago. I can't wait.

I'll also be going to Donsol to see the butandings. I know that you can snorkel with them but do you know if you can dive with them in the same area of the snorklers?

Hi Gerry,

Nice to hear that PCSSD is also now here in scuba board.
I hope that you can also visit us here in Donsol. There are diveshop here and one of this diveshop I managed. Hope that you heard a lot about the dive site Manta bowl and San Miguel. Is it possible that PCSSD can help us assess this dive site? I hear from my Ninang Rose "Ot-Ot" that we need to have an assessment for this site to classify as per MOA of PCSSD,DENR & DOT.. Though Fun Dive Asia did it many times. But need a government's help to prove what classification of dive site is this...Now that the Muncipal Tourism of Donsol, San Jacinto, and Monreal has the MOA regarding to collect fees to all divers (Php100 per diver) and P500 for the boat per trip. How can this MOA effect if there is no assessment happened with the help of PCSSD? Why they are collecting fees like this compare to Anilao and other Dive sites here in the Philippines? I already read about the MOA of PCSSD, DENR and DOT. And it is not applied here. I hope you can be of help.
Thanks.

To Apollo,
It is impossible to do scuba diving here in Donsol with the whale sharks. If you want scuba diving, come and visit me in my office in front of us is the tourism office. Scuba diving can be done in Manta bowl an hour and 45 mins boat ride from Donsol...

Hi Rodel
You can also go to Biri Island I know its a bit out the way but we have a great dive shop and we do deal with Donsol Eco Tours at Biri Island you can dive with large sharks and manta rays it has plenty to offer just google biri scuba

Hi there,

Kamusta!

I'll be diving in Bohol and Dumaguete in March 2011 and would like to get some recommendations of good dive centres in those two islands. Can you suggest a few options?

Thanks,

Apollo

Back
Top Bottom