DAN Divers Alert Network

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Could I get your thoughts about joining DAN? I'm new to diving and it seems like a good idea, it's very cheap.
Thank you,

Hi everyone,
Could I get your thoughts about joining DAN? I'm new to diving and it seems like a good idea, it's very cheap.
Thank you,

Have you tried the search function? There's been a lot of beneficial discussions on DAN and the 'other guys' insurance.

Most believe it is invaluable, but you need to go to the Master level. My .02 psi.

Get at least middle if not top insurance. Don't dive w/o it.

Absolutely get it. I haven't been without it since graduating basic OW. Get it and keep it even if you think there'll be a long interval between dives, the small amount of money goes towards a HUGE amount of research that eventually benefits us all.

Have you tried the search function? There's been a lot of beneficial discussions on DAN and the 'other guys' insurance.

Most believe it is invaluable, but you need to go to the Master level. My .02 psi.
Actually you can't search for DAN as three letter words don't work in V-boards. You have to know to search for *Dan* :D

Dan Membership and Dan Dive Insurance are connected but different....
Dan Membership gets your Travelers Assist should you ever need emergency transportation over 50 miles from home (and I've seen two flown back to the US that way), a fine quarterly magazine, and more - plus is required to buy insurance. I'd be a member even if I got my insurance elsewhere

Dan Dive Insurance or similar from Dive Assure is virtually essential. It's cheap because claims are rare, but if you number comes up - gotta have it! The cheapest plan is a dog, with the middle plan only $10/yr more but much better. I think maybe Dive Assure has 3 plans too.​

You can enroll in both membership and dive insurance online DAN Divers Alert Network. They also offer other insurance plans I am not fond of.

Keep in mind that DAN insurance is secondary insurance, if you have all the primary insurance that you need, or if you can upgrade your primary for less ... that maybe the way to go.

Definitely enroll in DAN. Get one of the upper memberships. If you ever need it you won't regret the hundred+ bucks you spent on it.

DAN .. an organization doing much research in keeping/making diving safer
DAN Insurance ... worth every penny spent .. and get the highest level offered, Preferred.
... for the price of one fast food meal a month ($5.80) it's hard to justify a getting lessor level

DAN Reps provide great advice when you call. I have had friends who used their medical evacuation services, saved them a ton of money. Preferred Plan is the way to go.

get DAN insurance. Don't go diving without it.

Safe diving,

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom