Dui @ cssp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd join ya if I could get back in the water at this time, but I'm not chancing anything until I get the dental work completed.

I might just show up and try a few suits on if they will let me.

Since I've never been in a drysuit, I have a newbie question for everyone...do you really have to get in the water to make sure a drysuit fits properly, or is it something that the manufacturers, like the good folks at DUI, can fit you for on land?

Thanks.

I may be able to go.

do you really have to get in the water to make sure a drysuit fits properly, or is it something that the manufacturers, like the good folks at DUI, can fit you for on land?

You should be able to get a rough idea of fit by checking range of motion on dry land after venting the excess air from the suit. The people running the demo can show you how to do this. The best way to check of course is to go get wet (or dry.)

trying one on works, but you need to be sure it fits with what you will be wearing underneath also. If it is too tight and you cant get adequate thermal protection on for cold water, you have wasted your money.

Had a blast, got to try on several drysuits, end the end my wife and I signed up for custom TLS350s. (these things have so much improved since my O'neil last saw water)

We were in the white suburban with the "mobile scuba shop" trailer. I don't know the official swamper handshake or anything and it felt a little weird asking if people were a "swamper" or not so we refrained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom