Beginner Diver November Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruin Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I am leaving for a trip to the Philippines in a few short days. Visiting family and hoping to do lots of diving. My husband and I are beginner divers, newly certified, fresh meat if you will. :wink:

We are visiting the following places: Boracay, Cebu Area, Batangas.

Our accommodations are already booked at non-dive hotels as we are traveling with family who are non-divers.

Any recommendations as to dive co's, etc. for each of these locations that you think would be great for a beginner diver?

In Boracay we are staying at the Boracay Beach Club. We are in Cebu City, and in Anilao for the rest of the trips.

Any recs you have on dive co's for us would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Boracay Beach Club is near station 1. Try Free Wily diving Free Willy Diving Boracay Philippines | Scuba Diving Philippines which is about 100-150 meters from there. We've been going there on and off for years .. Its a nice laid back dive shop which caters to recreational divers. The DMs are friendly and the gear is decent. They serve a great lunch between dives, Joy is the cook and she makes some stuffed squid (pusit) which is some of the best on the island.

Bruin,

We always make use of Calypso Calypso Diving Resort, Boracay Island: About Us

Good DM's, good facilites, reasonable prices, no problem ~ we actually did our first ever dives with Calypso last year and finished our AOW with them a few months later.

It's about 10 mins walk with beach on your right down from Boracay Beach Club.

You might want a glance through some of the pics we took last Sept

ScubaBoard Gallery - Boracay in Philippines, Sept 2010

Enjoy your trip

Cheers

Hi All,

I am leaving for a trip to the Philippines in a few short days. Visiting family and hoping to do lots of diving. My husband and I are beginner divers, newly certified, fresh meat if you will. :wink:

We are visiting the following places: Boracay, Cebu Area, Batangas.

Our accommodations are already booked at non-dive hotels as we are traveling with family who are non-divers.

Any recommendations as to dive co's, etc. for each of these locations that you think would be great for a beginner diver?

In Boracay we are staying at the Boracay Beach Club. We are in Cebu City, and in Anilao for the rest of the trips.

Any recs you have on dive co's for us would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Wisnu,

I just read your Anilao report - it sounded excellent, and your photos are perfect - I think you've just made me choose Anilao my "next" destination to head to next month !

Cheers

I assume you are not Dutch given your nickname :D

On topic; check anilao when you are in batangas or take a boat to puerto galera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom