What is this ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
this may be a dumb question...but;

a friend of my uncle who is now to old to dive gave me his old exposure suit. know he said that he used to use this for cold water here in florida. however the suit does not resemble a wet suit but more of a Lycra suit, but at the same time it is thick and has multiple layers of different fabric. im really not sure what conditions i should use this in?? when i put it on i start to sweet a lot like if i put on a wetsuit, but iv never worn a Lycra suit and dont really know if it is supposed to do that.

can some one tell me what it is, and what water temps to use it for??

2010-11-09132642-1.jpg

kinda carpet like inside.

2010-11-09132712.jpg

here's what its made of;

2010-11-09132831.jpg

I guess it's an undergarmet to be used under a drysuit for extremelly cold water temps or with drysuits of the thin type that offers a very low thermal insulation per-se.

Can't tell exactly.

It could be drysuit underwear, or it could be a wetsuit.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away some manufacturers made fleece "wetsuits". They wouldn't keep out water, but did keep you somewhat warmer.

Currently Fourth Element is the only manufacturer I'm aware of that makes one.

flots.

Its just a diveskin. You can wear it under a wetsuit or a drysuit. I use one under my wetsuit so it goes on real easy. I use it under my drysuit in warmer waters or you could just wear the diveskin as is in warm waters just to keep the nicks and scratches off of you.

Mine do. There are many outfits around that make some sort of "diveskin". The kneepads on mine are very thin, the ones in the OP photo look better than mine.

Must be really old made of those composites. Spacesuit undergarment?

What happens when you type the brand name from the knee-pad into your computer machine.

Can't tell exactly.

It could be drysuit underwear, or it could be a wetsuit.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away some manufacturers made fleece "wetsuits". They wouldn't keep out water, but did keep you somewhat warmer.

flots.

i think your closest, the guy who gave this to me is like 75 years old and he said hes had it for a very long time.

the tag says them "DIVESKINS TM by Oztex

any one hered of this?

Must be really old made of those composites. Spacesuit undergarment?

What happens when you type the brand name from the knee-pad into your computer machine.

the brand name is "Diveskins" so every diveskin on the internet comes out on the search

On the diveskin site by Oztex they say...

Use:
Protects skin from coral cuts, stinging jellyfish and sunburn.
Getting into a neoprene suit has never been easier. Where:
Warm, tropical waters OR under neoprene in colder waters to give additional warmth and make getting in and out of your neoprene suit much easier.

Gee I think I said that already

Back
Top Bottom