Where is the best place to live and dive in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest, my first question is what are you work skills? you may want to see which of the cities has a stronger push for that type of career. of course, if you work with computers, it doesn't matter :)

How good are you with traffic?? Houston...welcome to the SUX! get up at 6:30, get to work at 8...if you're lucky. think you're taking the tollway b/c it's faster and you're late? OOO it's raining today. bwahahaah!!

I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Management and I have managed a couple of retail stores as well as some property management. I really do not want to go into retail again so my hopes are I will be able to find work in another field. Now I would love to run a scuba shop, I would be poor but smiling.

I have never lived in any other Texas area other than Houston. Originally we were in SouthWest Houston (we were young, poor, and it was near the Ocean Corporation).

Now we are in what is considered the "Greater Houston Area." We are southeast of Houston, closer to Galveston.

I am wondering why you picked Texas....

I lived in Texas many years ago but I was not a diver at that time. Florida does not have any jobs of any quality and I have family in Kerrville, Dallas, Corpus Christi areas. Also according to the news reports Texas has jobs in the Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas areas. The only area I am not familiar with is Dallas/Fort Worth area. So I guess my answer is in search of a better life (a good job) for my son and myself.

I would suggest anyone moving to Texas live in either Dallas or Houston. Austin sucks.

:rofl3:

I am an active diver who may be moving to Texas soon and I have a question.
As a diver if you had your choice of anyplace you could live in Texas and be near good diving where would it be?

Correct Answer: Zinc's place: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/346761-roommate-lake-travis-condo.html

If you're single and moving before the year end, I've got a two-story condo to share near lake Travis with on-site air fills :wink:

I'd jump all over Zinc's Condo.. You'll have a "condo mate" that dives, and you would be right up the road from one of the most popular dive venues in the State = Lake Travis.. Which also has a charter to take you to a variety of locations = Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba . And when you want to travel, the airport isn't far away..

DFW has plenty of cold low viz mudholes to practice in .. and DFW airport will get you pretty much anywhere you want to go to actually dive where you don't loose sight of your hand when your arm is fully extended.

We do have a big dive shop which is somewhat of a plus... its called wal-mart, er I mean scuba toys on the north west side of town. They typically have lower prices than the normal LDS ... with advice to match

Back
Top Bottom