Where is the best place to live and dive in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shorediver66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am an active diver who may be moving to Texas soon and I have a question.
As a diver if you had your choice of anyplace you could live in Texas and be near good diving where would it be?

is Palau in Texas?

Actually around the Austin area, Lake Travis, Stillhouse, Spring Lake and the rivers

Houston, TX. IAH is hub for CO that flies to Bonaire :wink:

There's blue water in Houston? I guess a tanker must have dumped a load of those little blue urinal bisquits in the bay

There's blue water in Houston? I guess a tanker must have dumped a load of those little blue urinal bisquits in the bay

LOL!!

Well, we are a few hours drive from Corpus (6 I think from the area we are in), close to IAH as stated above and even though we haven't used it, I think you can get to Mexico relatively cheaply.

We have a few small "mudholes" to practice your semi-cold weather low vis diving in...

Plenty of dive shops.

We have Houston Hobby Airport and Southwest just started flights to Panama City, FL so you could do some diving out there and take a short 2.5hr drive out to Pensacola to visit the Oriskany (or drive the 8 or so hours).

Mammoth Lake is close. It's a manmade lake with sort of an underwater playground. One of the better manmade lakes in the area.

There is also "The Blue Lagoon." The sponsor events like a pumpkin hunt. They have clear water and they are about 2.5 - 3 hours from where we are Southish of H-Town.

Something else to consider would be what side of Houston he wants to live on and how far he wants to drive to get anywhere.

Well I must admit coming from Florida Blue water sound good. How is the job situation in the Corpus and/or South Padre area. I read someplace you can shore dive the Jetties out of Port A. I love to shore dive here in S.E.Florida.
I am also considering the San Marcos and New Braunfels area. I know about the Aquarina Springs is there good a dive in the New Braunfels area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom