mako and blue shark diving anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad most of them are gone today. I remember back in the 60s and 70s when we could count dozens of them just going from dive site to dive site. More recently we were lucky to attract 4-6 small blues and makos chumming all day above the Avalon Banks and other locations.

Hope you have good luck with this trip! Love diving with them.

interested depending on dates. i've done this twice before. once was a total miss and once we had a great player mako hang out for quite a while.

The trip has not been set up yet. I am in the process of doing it now and wanted to gauge interest. It will be on an upcoming weekend day. I will post the date as soon as I book it.

The cost will be between $130 and $180 depending on which port we use (Oceanside, Dana Point, San Pedro etc).

We will be using the yellow Goby 6pack run by Danny.

There will be no cage. It is likely that we will just snorkel on a drift line with the sharks (or CCR if you dive one) at first as not to scare them away and once everyone has seen them there is a chance we will try scuba (I will keep you updated on this when I find out more).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom