Front Zip vs Back Zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've even heard someone in this forum mention they have unsnapped the bcd and unzipped in the middle of a dive and went pee.. Doesn't seem too common, though, heh. but some people prefer the warmth it brings :worried:

I've dived with an instructor who claimed to have removed a wet suit on a training dive on the bottom of course to relieve #2 due to having eaten something unsettling. Apparently a group of students divers happened to swim by above him shorly after the act and before he got the suit back on - smile and wave...

I for one am tired of the back zip and intend to buy a front zip the next wet suit I purchase. I often need help with the back zip when the suit gets old and the inner flap never lays flat.

Hi,

I take it all back. I just purchased a combination wetsuit--Farmer John and separate top. It is great. It is extremely easy to put on and take off. Also if the water is warmer you can just use the top. It's also great in the boat if it gets too hot--you just take off the top or the whole suit since it is s very easy to put it on and take it off. Marginally more expensive but well worth it!

the only difference I know is that back-zip is cooler-looking than front-zip, but front-zip is much more convenient.

there are some good tips on this thread that I might read over.

A front zip wet suit is a great deal easier to get on. A back zip wet suit is slightly easier to get off. I don't want another back zip suit.

Back the zipper is just out of the way, but you may need an assist if you have wider shoulders- the overlap flap thing can get hung up when you zip.

Back
Top Bottom