12 days on Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Apo two weeks ago (from Dumaguette) and unimpressed. Vis was pretty bad (less than 10m on two sites) and just full of divers (I live somewhere remote - I'm not used to seeing other divers). They had had bad weather for a week though so I hope to try and get back there in high season to see what it is really like. February should be better. I went there after hearing all my guests rave about it so I'm sure I just had a bad experience.

I'm planning to go to Moalboal asap. I work in Bohol so we get guests through all the time telling us where is best to dive and this is the one place that EVERYONE loves. Expensive but fantastic. Most people say Apo and Malapascua are okay but you only need a few days.

If you have a chance consider Bohol as well. I'm based in Anda (more quiet that the usual tourist destination of Pangloa) and the diving here is beautiful. Great corals, lots of reef life, great for macro/photography. Normally 25m plus for vis and rarely much current.

I've dove in Bohol(Alona Beach and Balicasag) Dauin (House reef) and Apo (West side). I've also dove in other parts of Philippines (PG). Apo Island had the healthiest, most varied, and most vibrant coral. I also saw a VW sized turtle there. Thing was huge. I'm planning to go back to Apo in January and also hit up Moalboal. I only got a taste of Apo and I was impressed. Best diving so far in the Philippines. Does anyone know if the sardines are still around Pescador?

Back
Top Bottom