Devils Throat In Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I saw a post a while back from a cruiser who said Aldora took him there w/o having dived with them before. Would suggest you contact them.

wow. i hope there is something missing from that story. i am a big fan of aldora but that does not sound good to me. possible the person has a dm cert, or dove with the aldora dm somewhere else in the past. who knows? maybe the guy just got on the wrong boat somehow.

Hello All, Diving in Coz on Jan 3rd. would really like to do Devils Throat with a good shop. Any recomendations? Having trouble finding a shop that will say "Yes" we are going there. Any Help Appreciated

ALDORA goes there. But they will need to see how good a diver you are before taking you. So if that is your first dive I dont think you will be diving Devils throat.

Last edited:
ALDORA goes there. But they will need to see how good a diver you are before taking you. So if that is your first dive I dont think you will be diving Devils throat.
Look at his profile...
Certification History
OW,AOW, Deep Diver, Nite Diver, Dry Suit, UCI Master Underwater Criminal Investigator, NoX, DM, IANTD Inst.
If those cards don't get him a pass, something is wrong.

Look at his profile...

If those cards don't get him a pass, something is wrong.
I dunno; it it were my op I'd still want him to dive with me for a bit before I'd take him to an advanced site. I've seen lots of "AOW" divers who shouldn't have gotten past the pool dives.

I dunno; it it were my op I'd still want him to dive with me for a bit before I'd take him to an advanced site. I've seen lots of "AOW" divers who shouldn't have gotten past the pool dives.
Sure, but if UCI Master Underwater Criminal Investigator and IANTD Inst are good enough for Devils Throat, put a gate on it.

Sure, but if UCI Master Underwater Criminal Investigator and IANTD Inst are good enough for Devils Throat, put a gate on it.

I don't think that's the point Don. I'm sure he's more than qualified for the dive - but that doesn't mean he should be taken there blindly on day one, dive one with ANY op. It's just not prudent - not to mention the scheduling logistics for someone coming in for one day, three months from now.

I was glad we did that dive at the end of the week last time I was there. The dive itself didn't concern me as much as diving with strangers did. It was comforting to have 5 or 6 dives with basically the same group of people on the boat before we did it. At least you get a feel for the level of divers you are with before you do a dive like that. That being said, it's a cool dive but for as precious as my vacation time is it's down the list aways before I would do it again.

I agree with Don, here. Someone who's done this amount of instructional work most certainly deserves a "pass" on the requirement to be observed for a day or two before doing Devil's.

If completing the amount of work and dives required for these certifications doesn't get you a pass then I have to wonder why we even have them.

-Charles

I would expect him to be fine whatever happens. Surprises happen, but the qualifications are there.

the scheduling logistics for someone coming in for one day is a totally different issue.

Back
Top Bottom