Overpressure/dump valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you provide a picture of the way it is assembled on the bag?

The photo titled "bcd_over_pressure_valve" in CD's post above indicates there IS a washer of some sort that I'm missing. Strangly, in that diagram there is no numerical callout (???). And, a washer inside would make the problem worse.
[/img]

Try this, using the diagram Cavediver provided.

Screw the Cup, labeled #3 and the rest of the dump valve together leaving the male base #1 out of the equation and see if it works. If it does then the rubber washer #2 is what you are missing. If it does not and still bottoms out then the seat #5 is the problem.

I think I've got the answer, piece #2 is missing. In my mind piece #2 was the flange permanently attached to the hole in the bag, but it makes sense now.
THANKS

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 66
Glad to hear we could assist you.

The rubber washer serves two jobs, it seals the manifold to the bag, and it prevents the center of the male base from extending too deep into the cup. The puck should seal on the ridges in the cup and not the center of the base.

You are correct, the washer is missing.
Thanks!

:thumb: Glad you got it worked out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom