D4 changing the battery yourself ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dose anyone have and info on how to change the battery on a suunto D4 by yourself. I have the seen the pics. of the D9 and D6 but not the D4.

Joe,

Did you ever get any info on this procedure? I saw on another forum that someone had changed the battery on the d4 but could not get any reply from the person. I'd like to know if you did it yourself or sent it to the service center.

grouperman

I have just changed yesterday a client´s D4 battery. Is is not as the Stinger (front open) nor as the D6 or D9. It does open from the rear, but rather than using a special key to turn the back, first you have to unscrew to small screws at 180° apart. After doing that, you carefully pry open the back hacht and ... voila... there is sitting the CR 2450 battery you have to change. Replace it and close back the hatch using the small screws. What really surprised me was to find no sealing gasket or "o" ring. Apparently the seal is performed directly by the rear hacht against the wedge shaped frame. I tested it to 100 meters and no leaking. By the way, this particular creature is only rated to 100 meters, as you can see from the attached photos. The legend in the photos is in spanish (sorry for that), and I forgot to take one showing the uncovered battery. Hope this give you guys a better idea as how to proceed. SUUNTO D4-1.JPG

DSC02491.JPG

DSC02493.JPG

DSC02487.jpg

No, sorry about that. But I did record the battery in my repair log as a CR2450, 3Volt. A fairly common battery that you can get in Radio Shack for about US$ 3.50.

Back
Top Bottom