Dive Report: Disney Epcot DiveQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glock Diver is correct. You don't need to buy admission to Epcot to get in for the dive.

You do have to pay $14 parking to get into the Epcot parking lot if you aren't staying at a Disney park hotel.

You actually meet at "guest services" outside the park entrance (to the right of the ticket booths) and they'll come out a side gate to get you and lead you in.

They'll give you 10% discount for saying you're NAUI or PADI certified. AAA gives a discount. You get a discount for an annual park pass and also 20% discount if you put it on your Disney Chase Visa.

just some other options for discounts for those reading.... FYI

Oh wow, thanks!! :)

I did the Epcot dive too. I remember a sting ray swimming right above me and I just sat below it staring at it's mouth opening and closing, it was so COOL! :)

It was a great time...I just felt like I was swimming in circles after a while though.

Mrs. DivingPanda and I did the dive last April and enjoyed it (didn't have a chance to report back here). The staff was great and the equipment was all in good shape.

However, I will note that, as others have reported in other threads, the fish and other animals do not look healthy, and that was really sad to see. The jacks all have chunks missing from their fins and tails, and the yellowtail snappers have very little color. IIRC, some of the larger fish also had growths near their mouths. You are warned to stay away from the dolphin pen, and our landside friend reported that she saw one of the dolphins "going at it" with a hole in one of the balls they have to play with - entertaining for the adults, to be sure. The turtles all hover near the surface in the back of the tank, so at least you'll be able to get a good look at them if you do the dive versus looking through the windows.

Our landside guide did not have a good explanation for any of this, but it suggests to me that the fish and other animals are under a good deal of stress in the exhibit. Our divemaster didn't respond when asked about this either, while exclaiming that he wishes they could do more dives per day. :rolleyes:

Overall, the Epcot dive is worth doing if you've never done an aquarium dive before. However, having just dove the Georgia Aquarium earlier that month and gotten a full behind-the-scenes tour of all the animal husbandry that goes on in Atlanta, Epcot does not stack up in many ways IMHO. :(

I'm glad you had a positive experience; have read other reviews of this dive and most seem to like it.

However.....not to be a contrarian, the dive holds zero interest for me on many levels, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and to spend their time and $$$ as they please.

I'm glad you had a positive experience; have read other reviews of this dive and most seem to like it.

However.....not to be a contrarian, the dive holds zero interest for me on many levels, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and to spend their time and $$$ as they please.

It was better than not diving during a meeting in Orlando. Sick looking reef fish, lame painted "reefs", pretty good looking rays and sharks, gestapo dive masters. I dived it for $75 on the DAN auction, that's about what it's worth.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom