Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Fossil make a dive watch? I found this watch it is not a dive watch per se. However it is Water resistant to 10 ATA which is well within the limits of my diving. Nice visable face. Just curious.

FOSSIL® Watches Sport Watches:Mens Decker Nylon Black Three Hand Watch AM4322

I know it makes little sense, but dive watchs actually start a 20 ata. That is because the test is done with a brand new watch...and with wear that number will go down...

Ideally, one would:

1. A screw down crown.

2. A Sapphire or Sapphire coated crystal.

3. A reasonable movement (automatic if you don't wear it all the time, quartz if you do.

Here is a sort of classic one, but it only has a mineral crystal (glass):

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Automatic Stainless Steel Watch ShopNBC.com

Here is one rated to 50 ata...with a sapphire coated crystal.

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Scuba Automatic Integrated Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch ShopNBC.com

Note: Don't like or dislike Shopnbc, but it is easy to find dive watches there.

Baume and Mercier Capeland XXL 45mm Titanium Diver's watch with expandable rubber strap, good to 2,000 m.

Incredibly easy to read under water.

Panerai Luminor Marina, classic PAM048,,, with Kevlar Strap. The dial is so incredibly easy to read.

Best dive watch ever?

1. Rolex Seadweller - the real deal despite it's "dress" watch persona.

2. Sinn UX - oil filled case, 12,000 meter rating. Submarine steel.

SinnUX_1.jpg

Oh thanks, I had no idea.

Don't have $$$ for a rolex :depressed: Spend my money on other diving equipment.

I had to settle for a citizen pro diver CITIZENWATCH.com | Welcome to Citizen Watches Online

Saying this as a watch guy myself...buy a Rolex only if you really want a Rolex.

IMO the Citizen Eco-Drive dive watches are as good as anything you can buy. Just figure out the features you need and buy with confidence.

Very true, I love this watch!

Best to me: Read it quick and accurately and without doubt. Set the timer fast and easy and underwater too. Looks good, looks like a dive watch.

Late 80's to present watch is a Seiko 7002 on the original rubber band. Todays SKX173 is pretty much the same watch. The SKX007 is very similar.

Next/lust watch is the Seiko SPORK aka SRP043K. It might be easier to read than the 7002 and looks great.

The 7002 has original seals, dive scars and was a cherished gift. It is time to dive a newer, less valued watch.

Honorable mention: the basic G-Shocks dove great for me but I can't read them easily anymore. Rolex Sub, I want one but my Datejust has been worn three years out of the twenty six I've had it and lives in the safe the rest of the time, so, I ordered an MQJ homage watch. No diver this but it has the look and won't be toy money sitting in the safe unused. Still, I WANT a Sub. Gad.

Had my Citizen Aqualand 4 years now, 800+ dives, never missed a beat, new battery and pressure test once a year, 10 lira = $6 =£4ish, wouldn't be without it.

Back
Top Bottom