How did you convince YOUR spouse to start diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to give us another activity to do together, I signed my wife up for scuba lessons about 2 years ago. She thought the whole idea was a little scary but she did it for me. Since then, she has been the driving force behind our diving.

My husband had to convince me to dive. For years he talked about it, and the only word out of my mouth was "no". Then, in 2005, on a camping trip to Ginnie Springs, he signed us up for a discovery dive. I could not clear my mask, it took 28 lbs of weight to sink me, and I was freezing dispite the 5mil wetsuit. I told him to drop it, I did not want to dive anymore. He didn't let up. We went snorkeling in the Keys and I had an OK time, but every time he brought up getting certified all I could think of was the discovery dive at Ginnie. Finally, I gave in. I figured I would go through the class just to shut him up and never have to dive again. Fast forward 3+ years later: I now have 6 tanks including doubles, 4 wetsuits, 2 dive skins, 2 sets of regs, 2 BP/W's, a BC, countless masks, fins and booties, ect... (and thats just my stuff!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom