Jacksonville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed L.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Have an interview with the Duvall county school district next week. Want to take a look around for places to stay if I am accepted. So what are the good areas, bad areas etc?

Yes there are.

Fletcher High in Jax Beach is no prize.St. Johns County schools are far better particularly Nease.Homes along CR. 210 were overbuilt and prices are very good considering the size and quality of neighborhood.

Avoid at all costs the north and west side of Jax due to crime,avoid southside until Mandarin as the shcools are horrid.

As was stated come south 45 minutes to st johns county. You will "upgrade" your childs education from a and b graded schools to d and f rated schools.

At Fernandina Beach High School we are looking for a Journalism teacher
(A little inside joke) if you happen to have those qualifications they may hire you.

Good luck with your job hunting and don't forget to consider Amelia Island for your child/drens education (A/B Schools here).

Good places:
~Amelia Island
~Jacksonville Beach
~Middleburg
~Some areas of Orange Park
~Mandarin

Bad places:
~Northside of Jacksonville
~Downtown Jacksonville

There are crimes and such all over the place, they are most prominent Downtown and on the northside, someone mentioned Westside, but Westside is not that bad.

I do suggest you take a look at the other counties in the area to see if they would be willing to interview you, as Clay and St. Johns are much better counties to work for. Duval has a history of spending money everywhere imaginable except where the students and teachers benefit.

Good places:

Bad places:
~Northside of Jacksonville
~Downtown Jacksonville

There are crimes and such all over the place, they are most prominent Downtown and on the northside, someone mentioned Westside, but Westside is not that bad.

I have to correct you on two things. The northside isn't bad, east of I-95. And as for the westside I wouldn't live there, if you paid me to live there. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom