House of Refuge Dive Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeb

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dived the House of Refuge today and the viz was surprisingly good (top to bottom). I'm taking advantage of the lull between the storms to try and get some beach diving in this week. Hopefully it'll stay clear until the weekend (although it's forecast to go downhill after Friday).

The wreck is looking great as the storms have uncovered lots of the hull and decking, so there are new things to see. I did some garbage removal as well so it should look nice until the fishing boats trash it again!

Just be careful on the entry / exit with the surge, I'm almost got wiped out on the rocks coming back into shore. If you can make it in though it is well worth the dive.

Oh and it's still 80'f on the bottom!

BEST news I got today. I will be hitting Pepper Park in the am with my doubles. I need to put some swim time in these things prior to doing deep wrecks in them. SO at pepper park on double 80's I can go in around 0900 and come out... eh 1500.

I wish I could see the faces of the people watching your dive flag from the beach tommorow. They'll probably think you've gone to sleep down there!

Could you post what the conditions are like afterwards? I'm trying to decide between Pepper Park and Stuart for Friday.

I'll certainley give a report after. This is awesome I can use a nice brine soak.. crappy week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom