Whats after master diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have two options... Helo or Diver first. I'd suggest going Navy as both options exist there.

US Coast Guard rescue diver, and/or rescue helo pilot, is also a good option.

Truthfully, if it's PADI Master Diver I would forgo the cert. It's just a card that says you got five other cards, there's no training involved. Save your money for something worth while, like air fills.

I'm a PADI Instructor and I have to second this. The recognition is certainly deserved (provided you've had good instructors!) but it's just a card and it brings no benefit. Go take the NAUI master diver course. You'll learn all the academics that a DM should know, without the focus on instruction. It's a great course and an opportunity to see what other agencies have to offer.

My wife and I are in our sixties, and have no desire to get into technical diving, but we love learning new things and would willingly take continuing education type courses if they were offered. "What to do after Master Diver" is a great question, and one that has been on my own mind for some time now. We have considered Fundies, but honestly, we are a little daunted. Frankly, I think there is a real missed opportunity for the rec training agencies.

Thank God for Scubaboard, where you can learn a lot from others. It was right HERE that I learned about great trim, back kicks, and Backplate/Wing systems. And so much more.

If I were the OP, I would try to figure out what I wanted to DO underwater. Do you want to spear fish, take pictures, maintain wellheads, explore wrecks, or count fish species? The answer to that question will lead you to the training you need.

My wife and I are in our sixties, and have no desire to get into technical diving, but we love learning new things and would willingly take continuing education type courses if they were offered. "What to do after Master Diver" is a great question, and one that has been on my own mind for some time now. We have considered Fundies, but honestly, we are a little daunted. Frankly, I think there is a real missed opportunity for the rec training agencies.

Thank God for Scubaboard, where you can learn a lot from others. It was right HERE that I learned about great trim, back kicks, and Backplate/Wing systems. And so much more.

If I were the OP, I would try to figure out what I wanted to DO underwater. Do you want to spear fish, take pictures, maintain wellheads, explore wrecks, or count fish species? The answer to that question will lead you to the training you need.

Well, you look pretty dang healthy. The skills training itself may seem daunting, but once you you get them (and I'm still working on them) all your diving is more fun. Between you, your wife, and The Kid, you have enough people for a semi-private class in San Diego.

I want to explore new wrecks that are deep, rebreather is starting to take my interest since you only have to be 15 for some companies to train on them. And for helicopter turn how do i do that?

Left or right rudder or vary the tail rotor speed I think.

Or... go horizontal in the water column, bend your knees, keep one fin still and circle the other fin by rotating at the ankle. You'll soon discover yourself turning. Adjust the foot movement to refine the skill. Google You tube videos to see the technique.

It's not rocket surgery or a proprietory secret.

Back
Top Bottom