Streamlining the kiss sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sawracer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there, I recently finished my ccr certification. I'm interested in hearing how other kiss sport divers have streamlined or tightened up their rig. I love the unit, but its dangle city right now. My oc setup is a backplate long hose rig and I'm shooting for as close as possible to that simple solid rig. I'll have to post some pics of my main complaints later. Thanks all.

I can't speak to the spork kiss in particular, but the dangly mess is not unique to one brand. it takes time and tweaking. One thing you might find helpful the bundle up some of the dangly's is velcro tape. here's an example and it works well underwater. VELCRO® brand ONE-WRAP® straps - VELCRO® brand products

keep tweaking till it feels right, it's worth it!

g

05066e9a.jpg

I'm looking forward to hooking up with other breather divers to learn all I can. My diving is relatively shallow for now so the 13 bailout bottle will suffice. My drysuit hose has to come across and do a 180 to hook up to my suit. No problem move bailout bottle to divers right side. Now the wing inflator hose is a problem. But a longer inflator hose routed between the pods and wing would probably work nice. I should also be able to lose the swivel on my bailout reg which I dont like but was a "you need this" thing for my class.

Maybe I should start another thread for this but when i go off the loop on the surface sometimes the regulator free flows, no biggie for an oc guy, but as a newbie rebreather diver, I am tight with my diluent :). Most people place an on off valve inline to the reg to solve this problem, which is cool BUT this chaps my minimalist side. This adds more o rings to fail, another thing to do possibly when I'm stressed or even worse my stressed oc buddy! I suppose if the apeks reg cant be tuned to perfection I'll suck it up and add the valve.

hey sawracer, looks like you have your work cut out for you. you might wanna ask around on the rebreatherworld.com kiss forum. good luck and safe diving! lemon

I usually dive with a wet suit here and have only dived mine a few times with the drysuit, so usually just have a lp hose from the bailout bottle reg, which works fine for me.

On the dil side, I (like to think) I tidied it up a bit by using a small manifold made for me by Martin at Tecme which is similar to the Drager Ray one. I added a CEJN quick disconnect, but this isn't really needed. there is an additional port there that could hold a drysuit hose.

SK_Hose_Routing.jpg

For the SPGs, I have tried 2 things. I didn't like them coming over my shoulder, so tried a shorter hose on an elbow that comes round the side and clips at my waist. Alternativly, and not for everyone, I sometimes dive with just button gauges on the regs., which is very neat, but you cannot check your gas supply.

I replaced the SS O2 hoses with rubber hoses, which needed a couple of 3/8 to 7/16, 7/16 to 3/8 and 3/6 - 9/16 adaptors

Adaptors_for_MAV.jpg

I also removed the plastic tank mounts, and just used the metal plate that is part of it to secure a cam band.

Sport_Kiss_Camband_Mounting.JPG

It is fairly nice and simple and works ok.

Dave

Thanks for the tips, I like the wrap around spg idea. I don't have a spg yet for the oxygen bottle yet so thats one more hose in the mix! All things in time I suppose. I hope to get it put in the ocean this weekend. I'll post some more pics of what I end up doing.

I do not own a Sport Kiss but have used three other CCR's and here are some generic options for you to consider.

1) Use the openings in your wing (normally used to thread the cam band thru) as a the main path to bring many of the LP hoses from your back to your front rather then up over the top of the wing.
2) route the hoses for the manual O2 add thru D rings on your right shoulder webbing harness.
3) Use a larger BO tank and run your DS inflation from it. Make the hose the right length to reach and not alot longer.
4) Use a slightly longer hose on the O2 SPG and route the O2 and DIL SPG hoses togeather secured and clip them off on your left waist D ring.
5) Use some cut pieces of tire inner tubes to help secure the looped and excess hoses to the side of the BO tank.
6) Consider using a much shorter wing inflator hose and LP feed.

Hope those give you some places to start.

John

One of the things I did for the Classic was get a heavy plate, used shorter hoses (17"?), used a lot of black hair bands to hold hoses together (but breakable just in case) and fiddled long and hard with getting hoses from different places that routed things into a shorter pattern. That said - I have a Classic which seems to be inherently more compact than the Sport???

Best with your unit.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom