New in Town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure a lot of us will be out next weekend at Dutch. Just look for a BIG Wreck Valley banner. You can rent gear at http://www.kunuku.com, they're only about 1/2 hour from Dutch on the way there.

Hoboken isn't to far from you either.

We are also going to be planning 3 BIG dives in the next month or so, one in LI, one in NJ, and one at Dutch.

Also if you go to BTS this weekend some of the local shops will be there.

DawgPaddle:
Hi Again Deana,

I forgot to ask... How do you like your Sunnto Stinger? I got one in December but haven't gotten it wet yet. Any tips/tricks/lessons learned would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Hey there,
Thanks for all the info..
Aah the Stinger, i love it, i have gotten it wet but havent used it enough cause it had been pretty busy at the dive center i used to work at so i didnt get a chance to get wet as much as i'd wanted to..
The stinger is pretty easy to use, not much to it, but one thing you should always set it on nitrox cause if you set it on air its tricky switching to nitrox, but if you use the nitrox for starters with 21% o2, then you can change it.. A friend passed this tip along, he has over 999 dives on his so i guess he would know what he's talking about.
Have a great weekend,
Cheers
D.

Contact Charles Firtion at ghost.diver@verizon.net. Charlie is a PADI/TDI instructor who is constantly diving off the NJ coast and Dutch Springs. He sends out e mailings about local diving opportunities and is more thyan happy to have new divers tag along and show them the ins and outs of NE diving.

Feel free to drop him a line and you will at least have an experienced diver to show you the right way to dive the northeast. :bogey:

Deana:
Hello,
My name is Deana (D.) and i just moved to Teaneck, NJ.
New in town, duh, never been diving in a dry suit, lotsa dives in the Red Sea, not a pro but trying, cant wait to get into the water again before heading for the caribbean june/august for my IDC.
Any good dives around? Where do you go for gear hire? Whats the water temperature like and when is it warmest or warm (ie no dry suit required)? Where do you go to find dive buddies? Etc..
Anybody please give me any info..
Cheers
D.

Hi Deana,
Just wanted to say a quick hello and welcome to the area. I live one town over in Ridgefield Park with my fiance. We are both divers, he is a divemaster and I am a OW novice.Im going to Florida on April 16th and will be going shark tooth diving. I haven't been diving here in NJ or PA yet, but we hope to get to Dutch Springs a few times later in the summer when it warms up some. Hope you find the area enjoyable, maybe I'll see you at Dutch Springs this summer.
Colleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom